Add-on Sort by Distance functionality?

Ludachris

Has anyone ever looked into or found any geographic sorting solutions in XF? I'm looking to create a Classifieds solution that allows members to filter the ads within X mile radius from their location - similar to all of the popular vehicle classifieds websites out there. Anyone know of way to make this happen in XF?

I'll bring this one back up to see if anyone has any ideas on how to tackle it....

I've built out XF classified sub-forums with custom thread fields. One of those thread fields is "zip code" and it's required, so anyone who posts a new classified thread will be forced to enter their zip code.

I'd like to create a search/filter box that allows users browsing the classifieds to do a keyword search and filter the results by distance from their own zip code. This means the search would compare the distance between the user's zip code doing the search and the zip code posted in the classified ad threads. So only listings posted within X miles of the user's zip code will show up.

Any idea how to accomplish this using XF? Any plugins out there that would come close? Would it make sense to integrate a zip code database or maybe use Google Maps?

Top Bottom