sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

May someone tell me how i can import all pictures from a thread to an album?
The option is set for my usergroup, but i cant see any link to do the import.

Ok, found it near importers and got:

Server Error
Value is not unserializable

Found it. Thank you.

Last edited:
May someone tell me how i can import all pictures from a thread to an album?
The option is set for my usergroup, but i cant see any link to do the import.

Ok, found it near importers and got:

Server Error
Value is not unserializable

Found it. Thank you.
Can you post the error log in AdminCP?

@sonnb - can this addon be used to show the EXIF information for image attachments in forum posts (messages) or only in the Gallery?

I am looking for a way to display the EXIF information for image attachments in normal forum posts.

@sonnb - can this addon be used to show the EXIF information for image attachments in forum posts (messages) or only in the Gallery?

I am looking for a way to display the EXIF information for image attachments in normal forum posts.
It is only available in Gallery. Basically the Gallery is separated from the Attachment. However, you can post in gallery and use bbcode in post to display the image. Then with some code modification, you can display the EXIF of the embeded image.

Anyone know if this is still being developed for XF2?

Any update on the timetable?

Any information on if licensed must be repurchased?

Does uninstalling delete the photo data?

I ask because I have some images (even smilies) that are referenced throughout the site. What's the best way to ensure I don't break the links?

Can I leave them in place (after uninstalling) or do I need to add them elsewhere and create a route filter?

Does uninstalling delete the photo data?

I ask because I have some images (even smilies) that are referenced throughout the site. What's the best way to ensure I don't break the links?

Can I leave them in place (after uninstalling) or do I need to add them elsewhere and create a route filter?
Yes. It will delete uploaded photos. If you need them, just disable it.

He was not online on his own forum since ... I think the game is ower for a sonnb xengallery for xenforo 2.x. What a sh... :(

The problem is that the other alternative, XenMediaGallery, is by far not as mich developed if you need a gallery for a photography oriented forums. XMG is too basic. And I do not see any progress regarding more photography oriented features.

It seems that there is no interest of Xenforo in making XenMediaGallery a really outstanding photo gallery addon.

And for this 60 USD plus at least 15 USD renewal fee is very steap IMHO. Especially if you compare this with what you have already with XenGallery for 40 USD and 10 USD renewal fee.

So the best way would be if @sonnb would offer a version 2 which is compatible with XF2.x. It even does not have to have new features. O.k., of course I always like new features. But the features of the current XG version are "good enough" compared to XenMediaGallery.

But the more time passes, the less hope I have...

If Sonnb does not continue, it would be great if the Xenforo team would have a very close look at this addon to get an idea which features are missing in XenMedia Gallery to make it a better product for photographers.

I think its going the same way as photo contest addon by Luqman (that worked a long period after he let it fall, but now with newer php and mysql its broken and work not anymore for me. Thats terrible - this way we lose more and more people to social media sites without any chance to do anything.

At the point with the photo contest trouble, I now have to go parallel with Wordpress and a nice plugin for photo contests. Xenforo does not have this feature anymore.

For me, there is a mismatch. Since Xenforo 2.x we have less key-addons now and the old one makes more and more trouble with newer server software versions. Man ... what a ... :(

Which Wordpress addon offers the features which come closest to either XenGallery or XenMediaGallery?

I do not care about user sync as long as it is well developed photography addon for communities.

Last resort there is this new wordpress bridge from themehouse.

Top Bottom