sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Deleted]

Is there a way to allow Tor exit node IPs?
From the Stop Forum Spam guide: http://www.stopforumspam.com/usage it appears there is a way to allow tor traffic:
Tor Exit Nodes
While Tor is a fantasic tool, it is open to abuse. Some site administrators way wish to accept traffic or registrations from Tor Exit nodes regardless of our listings.

Valid (good) Tor exit node IP addresses can be excluded by using the following parameter:
Code:
&notorexit

This makes me wonder if the other services default to blocking tor? Botscout, spambusted, etc.

Is there a way to allow Tor exit node IPs?
From the Stop Forum Spam guide: http://www.stopforumspam.com/usage it appears there is a way to allow tor traffic:
Tor Exit Nodes
While Tor is a fantasic tool, it is open to abuse. Some site administrators way wish to accept traffic or registrations from Tor Exit nodes regardless of our listings.

Valid (good) Tor exit node IP addresses can be excluded by using the following parameter:
Code:
&notorexit

This makes me wonder if the other services default to blocking tor? Botscout, spambusted, etc.
It requires the Stop Forum Spam API in SSH need to be updated. I will take note.

Hello,

I have another spam issue that I'm hoping to take care of with this mod.
Users are posting junk for sale then an email link

Can this mod keep those post from happening by preventing the email link from being posted like we can with normal links?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

I have another spam issue that I'm hoping to take care of with this mod.
Users are posting junk for sale then an email link

Can this mod keep those post from happening by preventing the email link from being posted like we can with normal links?

Thanks

I have used it for a couple years now and rarely have spam.

It would be great if we could block registration if a user posted a specific set of censored words in the homepage field. For example, I'm getting a fair amount of spammers dropping supplement links. It would make my life easier if they simply couldn't register. If homepage URL contains any of these strings, ->60 points and they are unable to register.

No update in a few months. Tired of fighting spammers each morning, so might give Stop Human Spam a try.

I think this app is blocking the email blacklister. No blacklisted emails are stopped since XF 1.5 So yes this is in serious need of an update to make it work better with XF spam prevention.

No update in a few months. Tired of fighting spammers each morning, so might give Stop Human Spam a try.
I think this app is blocking the email blacklister. No blacklisted emails are stopped since XF 1.5 So yes this is in serious need of an update to make it work better with XF spam prevention.
I agree that it could make some spammers still able to register the account. But the BIGGER issue with them is, they are unable to post any content. This addons contains lot of option for content spamming prevent, eg: check against Akismet, keywords and links. So even they can register, they will unable to post anything (of course sometime they still able to post some normal message).

I agree that it could make some spammers still able to register the account. But the BIGGER issue with them is, they are unable to post any content. This addons contains lot of option for content spamming prevent, eg: check against Akismet, keywords and links. So even they can register, they will unable to post anything (of course sometime they still able to post some normal message).

Profile spamming opens up site to Penguin issues, since spammers build crappy backlinks to these profiles. If registration was prevented, that would solve the problem.

Profile spamming opens up site to Penguin issues, since spammers build crappy backlinks to these profiles. If registration was prevented, that would solve the problem.
I see your point. What about temporary solution by prevent user to input the home page unless they joined x days and/or y posts?

Hi I have been using sonnbStopSpamHere along with all the recommended plug ins which has worked awesome for years. Lately I have been getting major attacks with spam hidden files in the main directory. I have been on the phone with godaddy for 1.5 weeks.
The spam has stopped the day I installed it all, but now I am wondering if it is outdated? Would this lead to ftp files being hacked? they are the same files, as soon as I delete them, 2 hours later they are back, 4 at most.
You can see the file names in the pic...stable.php, like.php,opinoin.php,stunning and networthy.php any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• spammmm.webp
    spammmm.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 6
  • spammmm.webp
    spammmm.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 6
First thing, tr
Hi I have been using sonnbStopSpamHere along with all the recommended plug ins which has worked awesome for years. Lately I have been getting major attacks with spam hidden files in the main directory. I have been on the phone with godaddy for 1.5 weeks.
The spam has stopped the day I installed it all, but now I am wondering if it is outdated? Would this lead to ftp files being hacked? they are the same files, as soon as I delete them, 2 hours later they are back, 4 at most.
You can see the file names in the pic...stable.php, like.php,opinoin.php,stunning and networthy.php any input would be greatly appreciated.

I dont see how that would be related, more likely you're using an easy to guess FTP password so change that first. Secondly look at all the addons you have installed, and disable all of them for a few weeks to see if it happens again.

One thing you need to be aware of, most shared web hosts have a 3 strikes rule meaning if your site gets hacked 3 times, they then cancel your hosting and blacklist you so you can never use them again. This happened to me with a shared web host and i had prepaid for a whole year and they refused to refund me! $100+ down the drain.

We have learned it is hitting every site on the shared hosting. I wanted to cover every option. If I get banned I will set up my own server, grrr. I am hosted with Godaddy, and we have been able to delete it as it shows up, but it keeps recurring, which is telling me it is deep.
I have found some really nice malware/firewall plug ins for WordPress. GOTMLS and sucure. Sitelock I'm hearing bad things about. I wonder if anyone has made a plug in like this for Xenforo?
Major problem is if I take down or turn off my Sonnbstopspamhere I will get blasted with spam, in which last time took me 6 months to get rid of. I think it is coming higher up as I have reinstalled and done all the updates for Xenforo.

Do you have any more suggestions for anti spam? This is the major reason I was asking if it has been updated. This is an absolute must have, I went nuts deleting all of the spam off my forum.

I have also deleted all my templates accept one.

Top Bottom