sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Deleted]

Due to a necessity to move the site and the issue of hackers constantly attempting to bring down Spambusted.com, I was forced to shutdown for a while and make some changes.

I will be changing the way the site works and slimming down the database, and will have the site up again asap!

Thank you for your understanding,

Jan
http://www.spambusted.com <--- Source

Do any of the addons need updating? I notice the dates are old but one and that one doesn't have a version change.

Recently opened a new forum and with the standard XenForo options I had 4 or 5 spam entries per day so installed this one and had no more spam so thanks a lot ! (y)

I did recently however have a few users reporting they were unable to reset their passwords, which does not have to be an issue with this add-on but it possibly could be...

The message they get is saying their current password is incorrect, which appears not related to this add-on ?

I had a look at my options and I would say they are fairly fail safe...

3 API active (stop forum spam, spam busted, botscout)
registration check active (checking e-mail and IP)
Mark As Bot If Form Submitting Time Less Than = 5 --> this one might be suspect ?
No point checking
No IP based limitations
Askismet enabled for all, but user & contact form
No keyword checking
No link checking
No location condition
No homepage condition

I am not sure about the submitting time, if the password reset form is subject to this measure ?

Cheers !

Recently opened a new forum and with the standard XenForo options I had 4 or 5 spam entries per day so installed this one and had no more spam so thanks a lot ! (y)

I did recently however have a few users reporting they were unable to reset their passwords, which does not have to be an issue with this add-on but it possibly could be...

The message they get is saying their current password is incorrect, which appears not related to this add-on ?

I had a look at my options and I would say they are fairly fail safe...

3 API active (stop forum spam, spam busted, botscout)
registration check active (checking e-mail and IP)
Mark As Bot If Form Submitting Time Less Than = 5 --> this one might be suspect ?
No point checking
No IP based limitations
Askismet enabled for all, but user & contact form
No keyword checking
No link checking
No location condition
No homepage condition

I am not sure about the submitting time, if the password reset form is subject to this measure ?

Cheers !
It only works on the registration page. Please disable this add-on and try to reset password to double check it.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how to registered buyers get updates to the plugin? Thanks!
Hello Ryan,

I always send email to customers once update is available. By looking to my records, you owned a license for Message Mass Action addon but not this one yet. Maybe that is why you do not receive the updates for this addon?

I already have version 1.2.3 do I have to get all the updates or can I go straight to 1.2.16. when will the new one including stop forum spam be issued.
as I already have the other version do I still pay:confused:

Top Bottom