Something wrong with responsive system ?

Nicolas FR

Hello,

There is something weird when i adjust the size ot the window (FF or Safari the same) displaying my forum.
If a node get more than 1 discussion the last_post row doesn't separate the thread title with date and thread starter infos.

maybe a picture will be more explicit

xenforo.webp

First and third ROW : 3 and 2 threads > not separated
second row : 1 thread > separated

If there’s enough room to show them on the same line then we do so we can save vertical space. You can see the same effect on this forum.

Hello Chris,

I think it's not a normal way because with a very narrow view the sentences go beyond the frame.
There would be no relationship between the number of discussions greater than 1 and this effect ? this case is valid on the whole forum.
xenforo2.webp

OK Chris,

indeed it must come from my modifications. Do you have any idea where this might come from ?
the fact that this occurs when there is more than one discussion in the forum is there a clue ?

I searched everywhere and found only one (syntax) error in the file thread_view (which I corrected) but the problem persists.
I checked my extra.less file and everything seems ok.

Stupidly I directly modified the original theme without duplicating it or even creating a child theme.
Is it possible to download somewhere the XML file of the original theme to import it?

Okay, in the original theme the sentences intersect (some ... appear at the end of the sentence) from a certain width.
In mine the sentences do not intersect and no ... appears.

Can this come from a CSS change or a setting in the style properties / general properties ?

Please @Chris D just a little help. I'm going mad...

I found the problem...

in my extra.less file i change the .node-extra width from 230px to 380px... this change was at the origin of the problem.
I fix it putting a % width instead a px width.

Tanks for your big help Chris... as you are the developer of the script, maybe you could have pointed me in that direction. a simple problem of width...

indeed it must come from my modifications.
I searched everywhere and found only one (syntax) error in the file thread_view (which I corrected) but the problem persists. I checked my extra.less file and everything seems ok.
Well...
And people are supposed to know you added css changes to your site via code how?
It's pretty obvious to think it.

I'm a beginner in CSS, 15 days ago I did not even know what was a width or a radius...
I spend 4 hours of my day to found the solution. I'm pretty sure a xenforo developer would have known in 30 seconds where to start, what to look for...

I did not ask that someone solve the problem in my place, a hand would have been enough ...

But it's okay, this is a community and even the staff has no obligation to help us, the customers.
I did not want to open a ticket, maybe I should have.

@Nikodak I'd just like to point out that you posted for further support after Chris has posted at 9.24pm UK time, then at times between 12 midnight and 2am UK time. Working hours for XenForo are 9am-5pm UK time and although staff at times do post in evenings (and Chris can be on late at times too) I'm sure you will appreciate the need for Chris and the other staff to have time away from work and with their families. :)

Top Bottom