As designed Something weird with internal links unfurling

Nicolas FR

Affected version
I don't know if it's designed like that, but when you post an internal link that redirects to a message from a discussion, the excerpt displayed is not that of the message itself, it's the content of the first page message. Which makes the snippets of the links irrelevant to their content...

example : https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ozzmodz-badges.196529/post-1558110

Last edited:
Ok I get it, that's not really practical and even that causes a bit of confusion but if there's no way around it then we'll deal with it.

Worth noting that if you posted the internal link on any other forum, this one, or other apps that unfurl content like Slack and Discord then the unfurl details will be whatever the metadata for the page is. That’s just how it works.

A bit more jarring perhaps when posting the internal link on your own forum but that’s just the nature of how it currently works.

Can I vote for an option to disable it for internal links, and/or to pull the example text from the post that is being linked to. As it is, I'm going to have to disable it site-wide because having the first post come up as the preview doesn't work well for my forum which tends to have long threads and members make heavy use of posting links to specific posts for technical reference purposes.

Can I vote for an option to disable it for internal links, and/or to pull the example text from the post that is being linked to.
I would also vote for that, but should be in the suggestion thread I think, not a bug report.

This is the suggestion:

So my users are reporting internal unfurls are showing very outdated content, is this cached at some point? I checked and what is shown in the unfurl box does not match the url's meta description nor the page content (it did a long time ago or when the thread was created).

Top Bottom