RM 1.2 Something odd going on with permissions

NeilEccles

Hi there,

In my site I have a problem with permissions regarding the Resource Manager. If anyone can help I would be most grateful. It goes like this

There are several Resource categories and sub categories. The permissions are all set to "inherit"

There are several User categories and this is how I control the main access.

Setting the various categories for access is easy and works except when it comes to updating. In the past I have as the main Admin been able to post resource updates for every resource (they are posted by several people not just me), but I can't do this now, although I can update my own posts. All the permissions are set properly as far as I can see (you can't go wrong with Allow for everything).

I have also recently installed Xenforo Media Gallery to try it out, but not seriously used it.

The problems stems from either the installation of the Media Gallery or Xenforo 1.4.8

Any thoughts?

Kindest

Neil

In the past I have as the main Admin been able to post resource updates for every resource (they are posted by several people not just me)
This is never something that has been part of the resource manager. The resource owner has been the only one who can post an update. I could only guess your behavior was from an add-on.

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much - that may be so since I have also cleared some odd permissions from user groups which happened with updates etc.

Now I look there is not an option for that behaviour - I guess the answer is to reassign the resource to ones self - do the update and reassign to the original poster. Anyhow thanks very much indeed.

Please accept my thanks for a great product by the way - all my members / user appreciate it very much.

Onwards and upwards

Kindest

Neil

Top Bottom