Something most don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupara

When it comes to myself, I start out on a path, a goal, and that goal has always been my focus. I have never gotten to a point where something was not finished. My mods were never to be finished as there would always be development to be done. Time spent on it that I would not be able to dedicate in the future. My life is not in disarray, it is on a course that does not involve XenForo or mods. I have a foot in the door for a career that I must concentrate on, I'm further in my college that I must concentrate on it more, along with having a family I must provide for them first and foremost.

When I released MyPoints and MyShop, I knew where they would go, I knew what the path was set for them. But a dip in that path has prevented me from continuing work on them. I honestly tried to find someone to take them over but no one would, in the end, I had no choice but to completely remove them from being purchased or downloaded. If someone wants to take them over I'll gladly provide the files but at this point I doubt that will happen.

Now I had someone want a refund, not possible considering I guaranteed 7 day money back only. After that the money was used for maintaining hosting, site, and updates to mods I used in the backend to run things. Not 1 dime I used for my own selfish purposes as many are making me out to be. Yes I play Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft, but any games I have ever purchased I traded in a lot of my old games to get through Gamestop. Sure many in the UK have no idea what that is. Anyway, when I worked on xfArcade, donations were taken in, yes, but those donations helped me and my family out more than anyone would know. But I also stipulated they were donations, no refund would be given for any reason, of course I stepped down when development went a completely different way than what I wanted so I'm a scammer now because of that.

I can honestly say I have never scammed a person ever, I have of course been accused of it because people were unsatisfied that I would not continue working for them after I finished work. Have quite a few people who can confirm that. Of course from the lash back on this site I have gotten it appears they wouldn't care anyway so not even worth my time trying to get them to post here.

Don't pretend to know me because you feel you were ripped off, I have explained myself over and over again, now I have put it in the public eye what I have told a few via PC or email. Now call me a scammer, call me whatever you want, this thread is my statement of what goes on in my life that is no ones business but felt it is best to state it so that I can keep from getting labeled all over again. Oh the whole vB thing, one person accused me of ripping them off and I get labeled, let me tell everyone something, the person that started work for that person knows I didn't rip the client off and he knows now why I stopped working for that guy as he experienced it as well. Up to him if he wishes to post here but I won't mention his name.

Sad I have to create a thread here to defend myself when mods won't do their jobs but oh well.

I have requested many times for understanding and had a few say they understood but yet continued to bash me in public and pretend to be understanding and friendly in email or PC.

Lastly, regret? What would I have to regret? I did nothing wrong, I provided mods for a price, people paid, they downloaded, and got what they paid for. I made no promises of anything and if I did, I made sure to release updated mods for those promises I made. So now if you think I missed a promise, point it out but provide some evidence before you bash me. Calling me a liar, scammer, etc. Evidence speaks louder than bashing and without evidence then how can you be taken serious?

Thank you for reading and as long as this thread is civil I won't request it being closed. I'm leaving it open for any questions where I will reply in an attempt to clear the air and make sure everyone understands.

The fact you even offered a 7 day return policy on digital goods when most won't even offer 15 minutes speaks volumes about your commitment to the project at the time. I don't see how they could call you a liar or scammer any more than they could do the same to the developers here.

Unless you promised updates/upgrades to the script with the price, I dont see how anyone could complain. They got what they paid for.

I made promises of updating MyPoints to include fixes and I delivered those before closing up shop. I made sure I delivered those fixes. I don't get it myself but it is happening.

When it comes to myself, I start out on a path, a goal, and that goal has always been my focus. I have never gotten to a point where something was not finished. My mods were never to be finished as there would always be development to be done. Time spent on it that I would not be able to dedicate in the future. My life is not in disarray, it is on a course that does not involve XenForo or mods. I have a foot in the door for a career that I must concentrate on, I'm further in my college that I must concentrate on it more, along with having a family I must provide for them first and foremost.

When I released MyPoints and MyShop, I knew where they would go, I knew what the path was set for them. But a dip in that path has prevented me from continuing work on them. I honestly tried to find someone to take them over but no one would, in the end, I had no choice but to completely remove them from being purchased or downloaded. If someone wants to take them over I'll gladly provide the files but at this point I doubt that will happen.

Now I had someone want a refund, not possible considering I guaranteed 7 day money back only. After that the money was used for maintaining hosting, site, and updates to mods I used in the backend to run things. Not 1 dime I used for my own selfish purposes as many are making me out to be. Yes I play Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft, but any games I have ever purchased I traded in a lot of my old games to get through Gamestop. Sure many in the UK have no idea what that is. Anyway, when I worked on xfArcade, donations were taken in, yes, but those donations helped me and my family out more than anyone would know. But I also stipulated they were donations, no refund would be given for any reason, of course I stepped down when development went a completely different way than what I wanted so I'm a scammer now because of that.

I can honestly say I have never scammed a person ever, I have of course been accused of it because people were unsatisfied that I would not continue working for them after I finished work. Have quite a few people who can confirm that. Of course from the lash back on this site I have gotten it appears they wouldn't care anyway so not even worth my time trying to get them to post here.

Don't pretend to know me because you feel you were ripped off, I have explained myself over and over again, now I have put it in the public eye what I have told a few via PC or email. Now call me a scammer, call me whatever you want, this thread is my statement of what goes on in my life that is no ones business but felt it is best to state it so that I can keep from getting labeled all over again. Oh the whole vB thing, one person accused me of ripping them off and I get labeled, let me tell everyone something, the person that started work for that person knows I didn't rip the client off and he knows now why I stopped working for that guy as he experienced it as well. Up to him if he wishes to post here but I won't mention his name.

Sad I have to create a thread here to defend myself when mods won't do their jobs but oh well.

I have requested many times for understanding and had a few say they understood but yet continued to bash me in public and pretend to be understanding and friendly in email or PC.

Lastly, regret? What would I have to regret? I did nothing wrong, I provided mods for a price, people paid, they downloaded, and got what they paid for. I made no promises of anything and if I did, I made sure to release updated mods for those promises I made. So now if you think I missed a promise, point it out but provide some evidence before you bash me. Calling me a liar, scammer, etc. Evidence speaks louder than bashing and without evidence then how can you be taken serious?

Thank you for reading and as long as this thread is civil I won't request it being closed. I'm leaving it open for any questions where I will reply in an attempt to clear the air and make sure everyone understands.

I think any time someone purchases a digital product... There is always the risk of something happening in the developer's life which may force them to take a step back. When you purchase anything online, you accept that risk.

XenForo is an example... When it originally went on sale... People didn't know the details of the current legal trouble or where it was going to go. But they all still eagerly paid $140 ($180 total if you paid renewal) with that risk in mind.

Life happens and things change. ..... You provided your add-ons for as long as you could, provided support, and even released some updates to follow it. Granted most people would prefer you continued your work, but they accepted and understood that risk.

You released an original product
You provided support
You patched it when it needed fixing
You released updates

I see no flaw in this. It may not be to people's liking that you end your product line, but as I said... People took that risk. XenForo is also one such example.

Mythotical,

In the abstract, it is hard, looking in from the outside, if you did anything wrong. I have no idea because I did not purchase anything thing from you so I really don't know what went down.

That said, kudos for you for posting, explaining yourself, and giving people a chance to comment. My sense- based solely on what was written- is that, like several of the previous posters stated, you delivered what you promised. That should be the end of the story. I would guess that you did not advertise or promise that you would be offering support for life.

Maybe I missed something and there was something that you should have done differently or better. If so, all you can do is try to make that right. If you did make have a fault, you should do your best to fix it. But, if not, then people will have their opinions- some will say you are a scammer, some won't, not much you can do about that other than you have done here.

wow.. why don't you say the whole thing in few lines :eek:
I tried that before and apparently some didn't understand where I was coming from. LOL

I think any time someone purchases a digital product... There is always the risk of something happening in the developer's life which may force them to take a step back. When you purchase anything online, you accept that risk.

XenForo is an example... When it originally went on sale... People didn't know the details of the current legal trouble or where it was going to go. But they all still eagerly paid $140 ($180 total if you paid renewal) with that risk in mind.

Life happens and things change. ..... You provided your add-ons for as long as you could, provided support, and even released some updates to follow it. Granted most people would prefer you continued your work, but they accepted and understood that risk.

You released an original product
You provided support
You patched it when it needed fixing
You released updates

I see no flaw in this. It may not be to people's liking that you end your product line, but as I said... People took that risk. XenForo is also one such example.
Thanks, I have been thinking lately of updating them to hopefully get new versions done, on my own time of course, then releasing them all for free but then I realize I sold my license so no way of releasing them for free. LOL

Mythotical,

In the abstract, it is hard, looking in from the outside, if you did anything wrong. I have no idea because I did not purchase anything thing from you so I really don't know what went down.

That said, kudos for you for posting, explaining yourself, and giving people a chance to comment. My sense- based solely on what was written- is that, like several of the previous posters stated, you delivered what you promised. That should be the end of the story. I would guess that you did not advertise or promise that you would be offering support for life.

Maybe I missed something and there was something that you should have done differently or better. If so, all you can do is try to make that right. If you did make have a fault, you should do your best to fix it. But, if not, then people will have their opinions- some will say you are a scammer, some won't, not much you can do about that other than you have done here.
Your right, there is something I should have done differently, I should have made sure MyShop v2 was released before doing MyPoints as well I should have never started all of the projects considering what I was planning goal wise.

Your right, there is something I should have done differently, I should have made sure MyShop v2 was released before doing MyPoints as well I should have never started all of the projects considering what I was planning goal wise.

So, is there any way you can fix that? It sounds like you are saying that you did not reach your own goals for producing what you anticipated. If you can fix that by releasing a fix (when you have time, but not too long), then maybe that would soothe the feelings of those who feel you did not deliver as promised.

So, is there any way you can fix that? It sounds like you are saying that you did not reach your own goals for producing what you anticipated. If you can fix that by releasing a fix (when you have time, but not too long), then maybe that would soothe the feelings of those who feel you did not deliver as promised.
That actually does sound like a very fair compromise. It allows you to proceed with you future plans, but also offers something a little more to those who bought into the project. You would only need to follow it up with 1 or 2 small patch fixes if any major bugs were found.

I have a test board setup of my old license that I sold, of course I have it set on localhost so I can't get into trouble. The problem is I can rectify it but no means to post them upon completion without a license.

That actually does sound like a very fair compromise. It allows you to proceed with you future plans, but also offers something a little more to those who bought into the project. You would only need to follow it up with 1 or 2 small patch fixes if any major bugs were found.
Yes it does, I actually started this thread to explain things, I honestly didn't think it would become a plan to provide updates for mods and rectify people's ill feelings towards me.

..... or release new one with promises galore, while collecting a few bucks along the way.
I don't want to do that, I'm gonna do what I say, and I know you feel ripped off but by releasing it for free you still get MyShop v2 that you originally wanted done.

I have a test board setup of my old license that I sold, of course I have it set on localhost so I can't get into trouble. The problem is I can rectify it but no means to post them upon completion without a license.

Yes it does, I actually started this thread to explain things, I honestly didn't think it would become a plan to provide updates for mods and rectify people's ill feelings towards me.

Maybe if you have fixes/patches, you can find someone willing to release for you?

As for the second part of the quote, above, this goes back to whether you feel responsibility for not doing something. If so, fixing it will make you feel better. I can't speak to anyone else's (especially you prior customer's) feelings on this.

Without starting a flame-war here, I would be interested in knowing from stewart1champ what he thinks the problems/failures were or what was not delivered. I write this with some reservation, because if the whole customer experience was a giant train wreck, and the only response is a giant, "you suck" then its not helpful. But, I tend to agree with a lot of what he posts (making me think he is a reasonable person). Maybe there is some common ground.

I am not trying to strong arm Mythotical into doing what he can't or won't do. But, like I said, if Mythotical feels he could have and should have done better and can fix it, then why not? Everyone comes out better.

So does anyone else read a post first before seeing who wrote it then think 'wtf is this dude serious?' then look at who posted it and chuckle cause you know that person's just trolling?

I thought that when I saw David_'s first post just now.

Maybe if you have fixes/patches, you can find someone willing to release for you?

As for the second part of the quote, above, this goes back to whether you feel responsibility for not doing something. If so, fixing it will make you feel better. I can't speak to anyone else's (especially you prior customer's) feelings on this.

Without starting a flame-war here, I would be interested in knowing from stewart1champ what he thinks the problems/failures were or what was not delivered. I write this with some reservation, because if the whole customer experience was a giant train wreck, and the only response is a giant, "you suck" then its not helpful. But, I tend to agree with a lot of what he posts (making me think he is a reasonable person). Maybe there is some common ground.

I am not trying to strong arm Mythotical into doing what he can't or won't do. But, like I said, if Mythotical feels he could have and should have done better and can fix it, then why not? Everyone comes out better.
stewart1champ purchased MyShop v1 back as xShop knowing it would go bigger. I falsely accused him of pirating the software, as I found out it was another member doing it, that is what happens when they go bragging someone else got blamed. Anyway, I removed his license and revoked access. But he only wanted MyShop v2 which I still have yet to finish.

So does anyone else read a post first before seeing who wrote it then think 'wtf is this dude serious?' then look at who posted it and chuckle cause you know that person's just trolling?

I thought that when I saw David_'s first post just now.
Um...yeah I like that your posting but is there anything that I may have done to disappoint you that you would like me to rectify?

stewart1champ purchased MyShop v1 back as xShop knowing it would go bigger. I falsely accused him of pirating the software, as I found out it was another member doing it, that is what happens when they go bragging someone else got blamed. Anyway, I removed his license and revoked access. But he only wanted MyShop v2 which I still have yet to finish.

So, you may finish it? And then you would be willing to give it to him?

If so, sounds like problem solved (so long as the timeline is reasonable).

Like I said, I am not trying to strong arm you into agreeing to something that you aren't willing or can't do...but if you are able to and you want people to feel better about you (which would seem to be the case as you posted this thread in the first place), then this type of promise/undertaking would seem to resolve the anger that may be out there.

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom