Something has to be done...

ekool

Guys, I made a post about how long it takes to rebuild users and asked for it to be sped up. It is _HORRIBLY_ slow. On a site that has 300k users it takes about 4 hours.

I can rebuild the search index in under 15 minutes. 3 million+ posts.

Today I did a batch update threads and moved them from one section into another.. guess what... as soon as that was done Xenforo popped me into rebuilding users.

Guess I'll let that sit for another 4 hours for absolutely no reason.

If it popped you into rebuilding users, that's because you still had that process running but unfinished. Cancel it unless you have a reason to need to finish it.

Rebuilding users is something that really has no need to ever be run in normal usage. (It is needed after an import, but I can't think of another time when it is needed.)

If it popped you into rebuilding users, that's because you still had that process running but unfinished. Cancel it unless you have a reason to need to finish it.

Rebuilding users is something that really has no need to ever be run in normal usage. (It is needed after an import, but I can't think of another time when it is needed.)

The site was an import... but after doing the import it does it. Then you install 5 modifications and it tries to do it again. Then you install another 5 moidifications and one tries to do it again. Then you do this move and it does it again.

You guys need to figure it out. Each time I let it complete... so something must be causing it to want to do it again. And again. And Again.

There must be something wrong with your installation.

Installing an add-on does not trigger a user rebuild.
Nor do any of the other actions you have mentioned.

Top Bottom