Something big is coming....

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 3 days.
Monday: 67° and Sunny
Tuesday: 72° and Sunny
Wednesday: 72° and Partly Sunny

Good tires on bike, plenty of gas money. Hmm... time to take a couple of 300 mile jaunts it seems like!

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 3 days.
Monday: 67° and Sunny
Tuesday: 72° and Sunny
Wednesday: 72° and Partly Sunny

Good tires on bike, plenty of gas money. Hmm... time to take a couple of 300 mile jaunts it seems like!

Meanwhile it's 42 degrees with dense fog here, especially on I-90.

Can you discuss what hardware you're running your big board on?

Stats - Threads: 3,090,302, Posts: 50,496,821, Members: 500,640

Well sure. Basically everything, including the boards, wdwinfo.com, dreamsunlitedtravel.com, some minor sites and our email system runs off of 2 Hypervisors, Dell R710's with 2 quad cores and 96 gig of RAM each. Storage is EMC Fiber Channel SAN owned by the host. The existing boards run off of 3 VM's all RHEL, 2 web servers with 8 VCpu's and 20 Gig of RAM each. The database is 8 VCpu's and 48 Gigs of RAM. Most of the other sites are on some windows VM's. XF is running on 3 VM's at the moment also, except switching to CentOS and Maria DB 5.5. We have always replaced apache with litespeed and I will likely do that here, fantastic product!
The host is getting ready to install another 48 Gig of RAM into one of the hypervisors because Slavik took all my spare ram and I am oversubscribed!
We have a hardware load balancer and firewall but I prefer not to discuss details on that
I'm actually heading to the host in San Antonio Friday to meet on new hypervisors, they now offer HP which makes me happy!
While I'm teasing Slavik I am very impressed with what he has accomplished so far! The migration testing is going well.

Well sure. Basically everything, including the boards, wdwinfo.com, dreamsunlitedtravel.com, some minor sites and our email system runs off of 2 Hypervisors, Dell R710's with 2 quad cores and 96 gig of RAM each. Storage is EMC Fiber Channel SAN owned by the host. The existing boards run off of 3 VM's all RHEL, 2 web servers with 8 VCpu's and 20 Gig of RAM each. The database is 8 VCpu's and 48 Gigs of RAM. Most of the other sites are on some windows VM's. XF is running on 3 VM's at the moment also, except switching to CentOS and Maria DB 5.5. We have always replaced apache with litespeed and I will likely do that here, fantastic product!
The host is getting ready to install another 48 Gig of RAM into one of the hypervisors because Slavik took all my spare ram and I am oversubscribed!
We have a hardware load balancer and firewall but I prefer not to discuss details on that
I'm actually heading to the host in San Antonio Friday to meet on new hypervisors, they now offer HP which makes me happy!
While I'm teasing Slavik I am very impressed with what he has accomplished so far! The migration testing is going well.

Good grief, how much is that setup costing you ?

Top Bottom