hi,

i have XenForo 1.3.1 Patched
i have someone sending URL to users on conversations and steal there password
this is example of his link used

<Removed>

what should i do to stop him ?
he threatened us because we are using Xenforo

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you restict sending of private messages only to trusted groups. You can make a group promotion based on message count and other criterias and then allow members to send messages in private if they belong to that group. Is there any reason btw, why you are using an older version of xenforo? For security reasons one must always use the latest version.

Can you restict sending of private messages only to trusted groups. You can make a group promotion based on message count and other criterias and then allow members to send messages in private if they belong to that group. Is there any reason btw, why you are using an older version of xenforo? For security reasons one must always use the latest version.

only users have 50 posts allowed to send conversation
but he stolen more than 200 users in past ( as he said in his threat ) and using it to steal more
he use threads and posts in the forum also

How exactly is he 'stealing' passwords with these links?

Why haven't you just banned his account & IP address?

I assume that you banned that user 's account? Have you used the censorship option to censor that link?

How exactly is he 'stealing' passwords with these links?

Why haven't you just banned his account & IP address?

i don't know how so i opened this topic to know
i banned his account but he return every day with a new one from his stolen list

I assume that you banned that user 's account? Have you used the censorship option to censor that link?

i did that but i think he will find another domain
i need to know how this link cause users lost there accounts

You need to tell your users not to click any untrusted links, they should know this anyway, I'd also advise updating your install to the latest version.

Top Bottom