XF 1.4 Some users experience huge slowdown after being on the site

The first thing to do would be to disable all add-ons and test in a completely default unedited style, with all custom JavaScript removed (ads, etc.).

I loaded your site a few minutes ago and it is still trying to load content from external sources (entitytag).

The first thing to do would be to disable all add-ons and test in a completely default unedited style, with all custom JavaScript removed (ads, etc.).

I loaded your site a few minutes ago and it is still trying to load content from external sources (entitytag).

Here is what one poster just posted:

an orange bar appears at the top of the site that says "a long running script is causing a problem, then askes me if i want to stop it,,i do,,its then replaced with one that says "shockwave has crashed, and prompts a reload...

at the bottom of the reply posts, in the middle blue bar 3 choices section [post reply, UPLOAD A FILE, more options] the upload a file is replaced with an orange box and a funny looking mad icon when its malfunctioning...

again,,i have not loaded shockwave,,its just here,,from where, i have no idea...

If using Chrome, it has it's own Shockwave built in.
You have to disable it by going to
Code:
chrome:plugins
I don't have Flash installed anywhere on my Mac, and this is what shows via that link (notice I have it disabled)

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 9.03.02 PM.webp

Other browsers may be similar. You can also turn Flash off in the ACP, but it may still be used by the drag/drop function in the editor?
I have non-stop issues on my Mac with Flash on the XenForo web sites I frequent (mine included) using Chrome. The flash uploader REALLY needs to go into the dump and HTML5 replace it. Eventually I end up with a reboot of the Mac occurring (not of my doing) due to memory issues - so I have a feeling that Chrome/Flash has a memory leak as my browser is open anytime the computer is on and there are a minimum of 4 XF sites open in tabs.

If it's of any help, I visited your site when you posted this and there were no slowdowns, and I use Chrome.

Depending how many users five percent is, if it's a really small amount of users, it's possible it could be their ISP.

Some chrome users have no issues at all ever. Others it bogs down after about an hour and its those same users every time and they don't have any trouble on any other site.

Top Bottom