XF 2.1 Some users conversations bounce back to admin

DigNap15

Hi I have some users conversations bounce back to admin, as if their email is invalid.
And their email address is invalid
Any ideas?

Last edited:
If their email is invalid and they have opted for email notifications, it is not the conversation per se but the notification email that is bouncing.

If I change their User Status from Valid to Email Invalid (bounced), what will the user see
They are a good member, but I can't seem to contact them via pm.
If if set their status to invalid, will that force them to send me a correct email, if they want to keep posting?
It is all very vague on the screen

What I did was
  1. create a new secondary usergroup, Invalid Email, with slightly restricted permissions, so they can still read threads and post on the forum
  2. create a notice that displays only to the Invalid Email group which informs them that their email is invalid and needs to be updated and which instructs them to contact me when this is done to restore full privileges (would be nice is this were automated)
  3. from the Admin page, search for the user and change the setting under Privacy to uncheck "Receive news and update emails"
This isn't perfect but it does help.

What I did was
  1. create a new secondary usergroup, Invalid Email, with slightly restricted permissions, so they can still read threads and post on the forum
  2. create a notice that displays only to the Invalid Email group which informs them that their email is invalid and needs to be updated and which instructs them to contact me when this is done to restore full privileges (would be nice is this were automated)
  3. from the Admin page, search for the user and change the setting under Privacy to uncheck "Receive news and update emails"
This isn't perfect but it does help.
Great!
That sounds like a good plan.
I dont want to upset the, But I need to get their correct email, so I will try that
Thanks again

Thanks, that looks a bit easier.
I'll try that next time.

That is why I often say that Xenforo needs a good manual from the admins point of view.
Showing how everything works, all the proceedures and things you need to do.

If I change their User Status from Valid to Email Invalid (bounced), what will the user see
They are a good member, but I can't seem to contact them via pm.
If if set their status to invalid, will that force them to send me a correct email, if they want to keep posting?
It is all very vague on the screen
I tried this with 2l members in an attempt to contact them and get them to change their email address.
One contacted me and apologised and gave me a new email
The other one seems to be able to change their User Status back to Vaild

So I have set up a Secondary User Group - Invalid Email.
I'll try that.

Top Bottom