1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Some SEO improvements:

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by AndrewR12, May 27, 2013.

1. AndrewR12

AndrewR12 Member

I would like to ask for the following improvements (or advice how to accomplish that!)

From my point of view these questions are very important from SEO point of view:
    1. add custom text to alt tag for the uploaded images
    2. edit description and keyword tags for every topic

Thank you for reply or advice!

2. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Mr.Rick and Forsaken like this.
  3. AndrewR12

AndrewR12 Member

2 I am OK with writing description for really important posts (they are mine, by the way :0))
    1 alt tags for images are important anyway.

4. AndrewR12

AndrewR12 Member

WHY I did not get any answer? DUPLICATE is not an answer!

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Maybe because your request duplicates one elsewhere? :rolleyes:
    Also, might I make a suggestion... lose the 'tude dude.

Donny and Brogan like this.
  6. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I'd support both these ideas.
    Alt tags and meta descriptions are both important in terms of SEO.

7. AndrewR12

AndrewR12 Member

--Maybe because your request duplicates one elsewhere?

I consider this forum, as a support for commercial - not open source! - software.
    Is it good just close the request? Where is it - "elsewhere"?

If decision was already made, I would like to know about it.

8. AndrewR12

AndrewR12 Member

Thank you!
    I an surprised to see that a suggestion from a customer just sent to a junk "resolved" folder.

Is is good for business?

9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Yeah, they say it. But it does help. Blogs have these already and I see an increase of visits every time a niche is searched. This happened when I started writing on MW3Blog which gathered over 170,000 visits/160,000 uniques.

MW3Blog and other niche blogs I own are all using SEO all in one. Which include metatags.

10. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Google ignores keywords, they have no impact on your search results. There is no reason for Google to lie about that, if they used it in any sort of way in their search algorithm, they would encourage webmasters to use keywords properly, rather than ignoring them.

As for the description, it might work or might not work, for a forum it wouldn't be effective, as it basically requires someone writing up a good description, which most forum user will ignore. At best, it would serve a marketing thing, as it is basically what Google pulls to describe the results, and if I am not mistaken, they wont even use it 100% of the time.

11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was implying.
    They do, it's just that some webmasters only use if for marketing purposes and google ignores it because the content of the article is entirely different from what the SEO description says. For google, they think it's "deceptive." The more relevant your SEO, the more google wants to search your content. Simple as that.