Some questions

Vitaly

Hey guys, this may sound a little stupid, but I need to ask.
When I buy the license, just the 140$ do I get the site, as like the demo, or do I need to install the latest version? And when I pay the 140$, do I pay anything monthly/ or do I have to pay for anything else?
I'm ready to buy, like right now, I just need these one's covered.

Thanks.

When you purchase the license, you get access to the download which you will then install onto your own hosting. The only fees you need to pay for XenForo is the $40 renewal fee if you chose to at the end of your year. If you don't, you will not have access to further updates.

When you purchase the license, you get access to the download which you will then install onto your own hosting. The only fees you need to pay for XenForo is the $40 renewal fee if you chose to at the end of your year. If you don't, you will not have access to further updates.
Oh alright thanks!
I'm new to the whole idea of having my own site, and I just needed to ask.
And I'll probably renew, and one more thing, my own hosting? As in?

You need to have a host (a server to place your files and run your website) as well as a domain to access the site, these are not provided or included with XenForo. You will need to purchase them from a company that provides them.

To boil it down to the absolutes basics: every piece of software, XenForo included, needs a place to live. On the Internet, you rent space from a web host to get that place - that is web hosting. For a small website, this is generally very cheap - I'll let others recommend good hosts.

Once you have a host, you can install XenForo on it - this is done by uploading the files you gain access to by buying a license, and installing the software as per the documentation.

To get a name people can access your site at, you'll need a domain name, which is another small cost. But that is an explanation for another time :)

Top Bottom