Some questions

Fila

I will buy xenforo license but I first have some questions, my current forum is on phpbb, I will convert it to xenfor. Should I delete all themes and extensions before converting?

Another question, how big a logo can you have on xenforo and is the logo on xenforo always at the top left which is a small logo?

5 months, is it old?
Five months is a very long time when it comes to software, especially when there have been multiple Security Fix releases for XenForo 2.1 after the 2.1.10 release ( e.g. 2.1.11 & 2.1.12 ) so you wouldn't want to run a forum on a version that old.

Are there themes and additions to that version?
All the official First-Party Addons like Media Gallery, Elastic Search and Resource Manager work with the latest version of XenForo.
Many of the Third-Party Addons and Themes are already updated to support the lastest version, I'd go so far that all the popular Addons are already updated but you would have to check that on the resources you are interested in. Either its in the "Requirements" section or if its not specified, ask the author if XF2.2 is supported yet.

Why are you interested in using an old version which is no longer being developed, if you haven't yet purchased a license?
Thinking of buying a second hand license, first of all it is very stupid to buy a new license for 160 € from the beginning without knowing how it will go. Forums are not as they once were, there are more forums that close down when everyone switches to facebook and twitter. For that reason, I do not want to buy something for so much money without knowing how it will go. Should there be members, I can imagine upgrading to a completely new version, but now I do not feel like throwing so much money in someone's pocket.

A license must have active support to be able to be transferred to you.

If it has active support then you can install the latest version which is 2.2.1.

There is no point installing 2.1.10.

No, latest version is always included in active license (one of the reasons why you reactivate your license). And you can buy only active license (as it needs to be active that it can be transferred to you).

No, latest version is always included in active license (one of the reasons why you reactivate your license). And you can buy only active license (as it needs to be active that it can be transferred to you).
It has ticket support until 2021 if I understood correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom