Some questions

Divvens

Alright, we're building up a new fan community and thinking of using Xenforo, I've totally fallen in love with it (especially after the trial).

Here are a few questions I'd need answers for though :P

1) Can member details be showed below the member avatar? Such as post count etc, if so from where (i'll try it out in trial)

2) Can images be used for the user title ladder? Say Admin has a "Admin" image (We create images). We used to use the ranking system by post to let new users get new icon rank as they progress. Can we do the same thing with the award system and points?

3) Can avatar sizes be changed/maxed. I.E max size of avatar = 150x300 pixels.

I'll keep asking as I get new questions ^^ hope you don't mind my noobishness since I want to be sure before going ahead :P

1. Yes - Style Properties -> Message Elements

2. You can add images for user groups, but not user titles. User group promotion is introduced with 1.1 this summer so you will then be able to achieve that.

3. Yes but it requires changes to the core code and the CSS.

1. Yes - Style Properties -> Message Elements

2. You can add images for user groups, but not user titles. User group promotion is introduced with 1.1 this summer so you will then be able to achieve that.

3. Yes but it requires changes to the core code and the CSS.

Thanks for answering :)
Good to know the user group promotion feature will be coming soon! Will the promotion be based on posts or award points?

Another doubt: Can we edit the articles in the "terms of service and rules"

The details on the promotions haven't been made public yet unfortunately.

The "terms of service and rules" is a phrase and phrases can be edited to whatever you wish.
You can test this out in the online demo, if you haven't already done so.
Just search the phrases for some of the text and it will return a list of matching results.

Aah, well I'll be looking forward to 1.1 then!!!

I had another question, really sorry to bother you.

Can a page, that we created by the create a page option be used as the home page, or does the forum default page stay the home page (do we have an option to select which page shows up first)

Wow, thats awesome xD

If I need to do something like that you'd be able to help me out? (Like help me with editing the .httaccess and the files?)
I'd love that feature :D I really don't want to use wordpress or any other cms. And with the page feature I have great Ideas.

It's mostly articles, related to series information, character information and the arrangement and design of the pages just suite the need!

I haven't bought the product and I already love it :p Will be purchasing it very soon :D

Had one more doubt, sorry for the trouble again.

I'm looking for a proper host (shared, to begin with). I don't want the host to be a U.S host, somewhere in EU is fine.

Currently I have this one in mind ( http://www.atspace.com/ ) Deciding to go with the 'Enterprise Hosting'

Any other suggestions? I had a site before, and the host was well, good to a certain extent but reduced in quality over time. So I'm looking for a good host (shared and preferably with unlimited bandwith and data storage)

Thanks, I'm going ahead with Hostgator since their live support team says it passed those requirements.

This may not be the right place to ask but, since I can't post on the host discussion forums, have you heard any problems of hosting XenForo on hostgator?

Thanks, and sorry for all the trouble

Sorry for the double post but I had some new questions -

1) Is there easy ad placement methods?
2) Is there an ability to hide ads from certain member groups?
3) Is there an ability to hide ads from certain forums/subforums?

Top Bottom