Some Questions before I purchase

i_n_k

I'm close to making a decision, but have a few questions:

1) On the $140 (branded) & $250 (branding removal) licenses, the way I understand it is I pay that fee for a lifetime license, and then can pay $40 per year moving forward to be able to have those 12-months to be able to upgrade, get support, etc.? By not paying the $40 annually I lose that ability, but the forum can remain active? Just looking for some clarification. Obviously the $40 seems reasonable enough and we'll likely do that, but I'm just making sure I understand things properly.

2) Does the software come "out of the box" with a responsive design for mobile, tablets, etc? Your main page doesn't explain this well enough, so I would suggest including it - especially if the answer is yes considering another competitor charges extra for it :) That's kind of a big feature and if you do in fact offer it, that's a massive reason for people like myself who are looking to change from vBulletin. Your front page lacks a lot of that type of information in terms of outlining the features, screenshots, etc. which you may want to look into adding. I'm guessing you'll close a lot more people like me who are teetering that way, especially those of us who have already heard plenty of good things but just need a little more convincing to "take the plunge".

3) I'm wondering about additional add-ons, etc. and whether or not xenForo has a forum like some of the other companies? I have a couple of key ones installed including being able to remove a disruptive member from a thread and the ability for users to ignore individual threads. I'm wondering if those are available built-in, or if I'll have to seek out add-ons for those?

That's about it to get started. All of the administrators here all seem incredibly helpful and as I said I'm pretty impressed overall. So thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

1) Yes, you remain able to use the forums.
2) Yes, 1.2+ is responsive by default. You'll need to check on individual styles.
3) All add-ons are released here under "Resources". Both things you mention need add-ons.

1) Yes, you remain able to use the forums.
2) Yes, 1.2+ is responsive by default. You'll need to check on individual styles.
3) All add-ons are released here under "Resources". Both things you mention need add-ons.

LOL, you're lightening quick Jeremy - thank you ;)

And regarding #2 - that's a HUGE feature. Make sure you add that on your front page because I'm guessing you'll get a ton of people who purchase for that reason :)

Top Bottom