XF 2.2 Some imported threads from RSS feeds coming with current date / time stamp?

parafly9

I have an interesting issue where I imported my vb4.2.5 forum into xf2.2 and some of my posts are incorrectly date / time stamped.

For example, this review here from 2012 - https://forums.alpinezone.com/showt...nts-MOD-Live-GPS-Ski-Snowboard-Goggles-Review

pulls in on the import date

Almost everything else is fine, so I'm not sure why this is showing an issue. I have a similar issue with some News articles which pull from RSS feeds. Interestingly, I can't find these threads on my vb4.2.5 forum, but they are importing with the import date / time into my new forum.

The RSS importer creates content with the date of the import, not the date on the feed. So this would generally be expected.

The import can only bring in RSS feed source details, not the posting history (how we know if a thread has already been posted), so it will read the feed and potentially repost older entries. These are new threads--it won't overwrite any existing threads--so if it's a duplicate, you can just delete the thread. It won't attempt to repost that entry as it is now "seen".

The import can only bring in RSS feed source details, not the posting history (how we know if a thread has already been posted), so it will read the feed and potentially repost older entries. These are new threads--it won't overwrite any existing threads--so if it's a duplicate, you can just delete the thread. It won't attempt to repost that entry as it is now "seen".
Thanks, I actually went through and see them as duplicates. So when I do my final "live" import I'll just delete these new ones out. Thanks for the help

Top Bottom