XF 2.2 Some image thumbnails (via an external host only) are not displayed

Hello everybody, I have had a strange problem for several weeks, almost always for images posted on my forum with an external host (Imagebam, Imgbox, etc.), several images are not displayed and we see the url link instead.

vignettes non apparentes.jpg
However, I have no problem with the attached images (fortunately!), it is only with the bb-code of the images. I did tests with other forums, all the images were displayed well, I had no problems, only on my forum I have this problem which is almost recurrent with each post containing images.
I am wondering where this can come from and I really need your help please because it is very annoying especially since my forum is mainly based on sharing photos. I use Mozilla Firefox, I tried with other browsers and it's the same, I know it's not from the browser. Please, where do you think this might come from? Could it come from a bad setting of my host? :unsure:

I also show you my server settings, I have the correct Php version so it doesn't come from there. I don't know...

serveur.webp

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Solution
Sorry for the delay, I was a little busy. No, luckily it's not just Imagebam that allows adult content, it's also Imgbox, Imagetwist and other hosts. I wouldn't use imgur.com as they only allow "family" content just like imgbb, however the last site is very useful for gifs. But casimages also does the job very well for gifs.
I don't really know what self-hosting is. :rolleyes: I've never heard of it other than the attachments. I'll have to find out more about this. Thank you Chromaniac for all these suggestions.

Otherwise for my problem, I understood! In fact it's very stupid, it is the words which I set up in the option "Censoring" which modified certain bb-codes. I wanted to fight against the sms language in French without thinking...
Gosh! I hadn't even noticed!

I disabled all add-ons but it didn't change anything, I did some tests and it's the same (I refreshed the page each time). The problem comes from elsewhere. It is not an add-on which is the cause of all this. Hope deactivation is enough, I haven't uninstalled the add-ons.

Last edited:
I no longer have any modification from https to http, it no longer does. For example, for the previous post we talked about, it is no longer in http, it is in https as the original.

laetitia casta.png

Maybe it's an add-on that caused this because I haven't reactivated them all yet. On the other hand, the problem with the missing IMG tags on some images is still present.

Last edited:
not sure if imagebam.com is the only image host out there that allows non-family-friendly images... i personally use imgur.com and it has been working fine since their launch. imgbb is also quite popular online. eventually if your forum is focused on image sharing, maybe take the risk and switch to self hosted solution?

Sorry for the delay, I was a little busy. No, luckily it's not just Imagebam that allows adult content, it's also Imgbox, Imagetwist and other hosts. I wouldn't use imgur.com as they only allow "family" content just like imgbb, however the last site is very useful for gifs. But casimages also does the job very well for gifs.
I don't really know what self-hosting is. :rolleyes: I've never heard of it other than the attachments. I'll have to find out more about this. Thank you Chromaniac for all these suggestions.

Otherwise for my problem, I understood! In fact it's very stupid, it is the words which I set up in the option "Censoring" which modified certain bb-codes. I wanted to fight against the sms language in French without thinking for a second that it would affect the bb-code !!! That's crazy. I was thinking about it in the last few days but I was like "no, it's not possible". Well yes! For example, in the post we talked about, we can see the word "avec" for the 1st thumbnail not showing. For the 2nd, the words "donc" and "avec" and for the 3rd the words "bien" and "ça". It's french words...

Example: "ac" (in french sms language) has been transformed into "avec"! And "dc" into "donc".

vignettes non apparentes.jpg

I started to delete my words to censor but I still have plenty of them. In fact, I realize that it requires an extreme precaution of use !! It all came from there! Below, it's just an excerpt, the list is much longer.

FireShot Capture 064 - Censoring - Forum Collants - Admin control panel - forum-collants.fr.jpg

Solution
Top Bottom