XF 2.2 Some image attachments not displaying

As a guest, they all display correctly, but they're just the thumbnail version. If they should be the full size version, guests don't have permission to view them, so that makes it harder to demonstrate the issue. If possible, temporarily changing your permissions to allow guests to view attachments would make it easier for us to see the issue.

Do the images display correctly if you click them?

As a guest, they all display correctly, but they're just the thumbnail version. If they should be the full size version, guests don't have permission to view them, so that makes it harder to demonstrate the issue. If possible, temporarily changing your permissions to allow guests to view attachments would make it easier for us to see the issue.

Do the images display correctly if you click them?
I've updated the guest permissions temporarily to allow viewing of the full size attachments.

No, the image name is not a link.

I do notice if I edit the post, I can view the images without problem.

You may need to check whether guests have had that permission removed from the specific forum this is in?

It's worth mentioning that I tried to load your site there and got a 508 resource limit reached error. This may ultimately be the cause, as this thread has a lot of images and the full size image requests go through PHP for permission checking purposes.

You may need to check whether guests have had that permission removed from the specific forum this is in?

It's worth mentioning that I tried to load your site there and got a 508 resource limit reached error. This may ultimately be the cause, as this thread has a lot of images and the full size image requests go through PHP for permission checking purposes.

Aha yes, I've fixed that now.

We've been getting a lot of that lately. I've enabled caching with memcached which doesn't appear to have made much of a difference.

It seems to be mostly happening on image heavy threads but can happen other times also.

Having just checked your site again, I do see the full size images this time. Unfortunately, the issue is indeed the resource limit restriction which is blocking the images from loading.

Having just checked your site again, I do see the full size images this time. Unfortunately, the issue is indeed the resource limit restriction which is blocking the images from loading.
Thanks, good to know the issues are one and the same.

Would caching help here? Or is it a case that we need to upgrade the hosting? We are seeing the entry process limit (currently set at 20) is regularly exceeded.

Another way to do this is to restrict the full images getting down in posts, i.e. only thumbnails are shown. I see there is some discussion on this in https://xenforo.com/community/threa...full-image-when-inserting-attachments.146918/. It doesn't look like it is implemented yet.

Top Bottom