Some Bad Flooding in Northern Virginia

jmurrayhead

This is the Park & Ride by my house:
parkandride.webp

And this is a man tubing down a street in a neighboring city:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like Park & Swim now. :p Nice to see that, even though there's a lot of property damage from the flooding some people still manage to look on the bright side of things.

Somewhat dangerous though, especially with downed power lines.

Looks like Park & Swim now. :p
:ROFLMAO:

Nice to see that, even though there's a lot of property damage from the flooding some people still manage to look on the bright side of things.

Somewhat dangerous though, especially with downed power lines.
Indeed!

The picture above is right down the road from my house. It's right at the intersection of a busy street, thus an additional hour was added to my trip home from work, today. I was not pleased about that...but it could be worse. My car could have been swimming with the others! :eek:

Nope. Golfing :)
Went to Busch Gardens 2 years ago.
One of the Roller Coasters made me sample my lunch (again).
Ouch.
Loved it though.

I find floods heartbreaking for some reason.
Hopefully your house is OK.

Eeks! That is a lot of water, I hope no one has been seriously injured or worse.

Stay safe Mr Murrayhead.

Eeks! That is a lot of water, I hope no one has been seriously injured or worse.

Stay safe Mr Murrayhead.
Indeed it is. Not sure if anyone has been hurt or not, although, I imagine there probably has been something that has occurred. The people around here freak out from a slight drizzle, let alone pouring rain! AND...I did see a few fire trucks and ambulances on my way home. :eek:

Indeed it is. Not sure if anyone has been hurt or not, although, I imagine there probably has been something that has occurred. The people around here freak out from a slight drizzle, let alone pouring rain! AND...I did see a few fire trucks and ambulances on my way home. :eek:

Well take it easy won't you, I hope it passes quickly.

holy cow!

That last pic is scary, that car should have never driven into that water, so many people are killed when their cars get washed away in fast moving water during flooding.

Good grief that's some wild stuff. I hope it stops for y'all soon.
A friend of mine in Binghamton, NY has lost everything. The water is up to the 4th of 8 steps in her basement. Her boiler, hotwater heater, washer and dryer, etc are all under water.

We've not had much of anything here in Ohio.

holy cow!

That last pic is scary, that car should have never driven into that water, so many people are killed when their cars get washed away in fast moving water during flooding.
Yes. People are stupid. Really stupid. :rolleyes:

Good grief that's some wild stuff. I hope it stops for y'all soon.
A friend of mine in Binghamton, NY has lost everything. The water is up to the 4th of 8 steps in her basement. Her boiler, hotwater heater, washer and dryer, etc are all under water.

We've not had much of anything here in Ohio.
Wild indeed. I just read that the Capital Beltway (I-495, major interstate that goes around the DC area) is closed due to the flooding. It's just freaking nuts.

Yeah, those New Yorkers have had a rough time. I don't envy them at all.

Wow, that's some serious flooding. And it always sucks to read about people getting hurt, or even dying. Mother nature is relentless.

Best of luck to everybody involved.

Wow, that's some serious flooding. And it always sucks to read about people getting hurt, or even dying. Mother nature is relentless.

Best of luck to everybody involved.
Indeed it is. Mother nature has definitely been relentless to this area: earthquakes, hurricanes, and now flooding. I just feel horrible for the family that lost their son. I don't think I'd be the same person anymore if anything happened to either of my daughters.

We had a peak- 4.0 earth "shake" in the NL last night, and it became trending internationally on twitter for some reason.
90% of the country didn't feel about it. Our country is a second away from being in a panic it seems. It's pathetic. Compare that to what happens in Japan, or floods like these, etc. An earth shake got sold on social networks and the media as a 4.5 earth quake .. quite the difference.

We had a peak- 4.0 earth "shake" in the NL last night, and it became trending internationally on twitter for some reason.
90% of the country didn't feel about it. Our country is a second away from being in a panic it seems. It's pathetic. Compare that to what happens in Japan, or floods like these, etc. An earth shake got sold on social networks and the media as a 4.5 earth quake .. quite the difference.
Indeed. While I feel the flooding going on here is quite terrible...I've seen worse elsewhere.

We ended up having flooding in our area. Had about 2' of water in our basement. Have a dumpster coming today. Lost about $15,000 from what we had in the basement. Our inground pool is jacked. We have to get it inspected, there is a chance it was the pool that caused the flooding in the basement.

Insurance won't cover any damage caused by ground water unless you have flood insurance. We are not in a flood plain and never had flood insurance. Now we know. There is a chance though that if it is something with the pool that gave out and caused the flooding in the basement then the insurance would cover it.

I used our large garden tractor and a 12" single bottom plow to dig a diverting trench along the top side of the property. I wish I would have done it before the storm started.

My heart goes out to anyone who is or was flooded, it isn't fun.

Top Bottom