1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[solved] TMS: 4.000 replacements for EXTRA.css

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Marcus, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I append a simple template add_EXTRA.css to the EXTRA.css with the following Template Modification:

Template: EXTRA.css
    Regexp: /[.]*/
    Replace with: $0 <xen:include template="add_EXTRA.css" />

Now there are over 4000 replacements (in green) shown. I do not understand this.
  2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Each single character in EXTRA.css has been replace one time.

Use #^.*$# instead.
    Marcus likes this.
  3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Thanks for your tip, /.*/ works much better with only a few hundred replacements.

Your /^.*$/ doesnt apply everything, it should stop after one line break.
  4. Snog

Snog Well-Known Member

Silly question, why not just include it in PAGE_CONTAINER with <xen:require css="add_EXTRA.css" />?
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  5. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

I use the following regular expression to select everything:
    Marcus likes this.
  6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Perfect, that works with only 2 replacements now. Down from over 4.000 :)
  7. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

If you want to append/prepend something, then the following regex is simpler (and faster);
    Just reference $0 as the replaceable.
    katsulynx and Marcus like this.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks!
  9. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

Hit the counter to see how many replacements are done in which style. Normally the minimum number of replacements would be the number of distinct templates of the same name you have across your styles. So if you have two styles with the same register_form, you'd hit one replacement minimum, while in the following example my custom style has an altered register_form template and therefor shows up with 2/0/0, splitted down to the following:

Marcus likes this.