[Solved] Searching HandBall Versus Hand Ball (space)

John917

I have a big issue when I search with enhanced search, it can't detect HandBall results whenever I search with a space in between.

So I want to find "HandBall."

I search "Hand Ball" with a space instead. This search query results with nothing when I want it to show HandBall.

Any idea how to fix this?

Solution
Ah well I guess if you're talking about the technical side of things. But in practicality, it does give results for handball "indirectly" by pushing results for any words that have a prefix of "hand."

No, that's not what is happening either. XenForo is only highlighting the word hand as a prefix to the word "handball". That's not why it's coming up in the search results, though. It's showing up because the words "hand" and/or "ball" are elsewhere in the post. Notice how neither his test thread or my test thread are showing up in the search results for "hand ball" but are both showing up in the search results for "handball". That's because they only use the word "handball" and not "hand" and/or "ball" separately.
It's showing up because the words "hand" and/or "ball" are elsewhere in the post.
This seems to be the case, as when I search "filler 145" it only shows
Filler145 filler 145
Gunbound gun bound
And not
Filler145 filler

@mjda reason is sound for this test as the "filler145 filler" needs "filler 145" 'with space' for it to work.
The test for "filler145 filler 145" works as it contains "filler 145" 'with space.'

But for some reason, doesn't work when I search "gun bound." It should be showing the post quoted below:
Filler145 filler 145
Gunbound gun bound

Any idea what's going on with this one?

Thanks for the explanations again everyone.

Top Bottom