Not a bug **solved** No notification mail when a post has been moved

spicer

Affected version
When I (as admin) move a post to another section, the user's "Watch" setting is set to "Unwatch".
The author (and other users with this setting) no longer receives a notification email for replies to this thread.

Last edited:
Hmm ok.
But that is unfavorable when a user creates a new topic and I then move it.
There should at least be a way for moderators and admins to set this flag manually.

Hmm ok.
But that is unfavorable when a user creates a new topic and I then move it.

No because moving a thread is different to moving a post. When you move a thread, I think whoever is watching is preserved. Merging a thread may need a redirect to preserve users watching, not sure about that .

So it is different to moving individual posts from within a thread. Because people watch a thread not a post.

Last edited:
Oh, then I made the mistake. I moved the first post (which had no replies yet) and not the thread :(
I guess I can't undo it then.

Oh, then I made the mistake. I moved the first post (which had no replies yet) and not the thread :(
I guess I can't undo it then.
If no replies then it’s possibly no big deal, the only original watcher may be the user who posted and you can just message them to suggest they go to the thread and start watching it.

EDIT: you could possibly tell if anyone else was watching from the database if you have a copy of it before moving.

Last edited:
OK. I mark this topic as solved.
Insert somewhere as a help for other users if necessary ;)

And then move the thread and not just the post....LOL

Top Bottom