XF 2.2 [Solved] Forum shows blank after moving server

Vroomm

I have an old backup of the forum I need to upload to a test server. All went well with uploading the files and the database but because the domain is different, xenforo just shows a blank page.

I know the issue is because the database has old domain but I keep changing the boardurl and canonical setting in xf_option and it still doesn’t seem to make a different. Someone suggested xf data registry has the cached values, is that something I have to change?

I only need it because of few template changes I made but now it’s taking forever for something that should’ve been just a five minute job.

Solution
I'll assume you have made the obvious changes required - the database server hostname, database server, username and password in the src/config.php file, and the URL in the database.

If these are incorrect, the forum would still spit out a page with a descriptive error. So a blank page suggests some other issue: wrong PHP version or something wrong with .htaccess on the new hosting. What does the hosting's error log say?
because the domain is different, xenforo just shows a blank page.
That has nothing to do with it.
We don't restrict installations in that manner when the URL is different to what is listed against the license.

Something has gone wrong with the back up and/or restore or it could be something else such as a blank index file, server configuration, etc.

Viewing the page source may show more details.

That has nothing to do with it.
We don't restrict installations in that manner when the URL is different to what is listed against the license.

Something has gone wrong with the back up and/or restore or it could be something else such as a blank index file.

Viewing the page source may show more details.
Ok, I’ll investigate. Could be htaccess issue perhaps

I Googled and this is what some of the topics suggested so assumed this was it

I'll assume you have made the obvious changes required - the database server hostname, database server, username and password in the src/config.php file, and the URL in the database.

If these are incorrect, the forum would still spit out a page with a descriptive error. So a blank page suggests some other issue: wrong PHP version or something wrong with .htaccess on the new hosting. What does the hosting's error log say?

Solution
Ughhh, I enabled
$config['debug'] = true;

Showed weird php errors. That's when I remembered PHP 7.4 isn't supported in this version of XF.

Downgraded php version and fixed. Wish i thought of it couple hours earlier.

Top Bottom