[SolidMean] ForumBackup SFTP Transfer [Deleted]

Had a chance to work on a test system with this addon other than my own, and would like to know what PHP or nginx options people have been modifying to alleviate timeout errors while this (and the DropBox extension) runs.

I'm not sure if there is a perfect combination of which properties to change, but I know personally, I've had to up my PHP time limit (set_time_limit) and in nginx, the fastcgi_read_timeout.

It's hard to pinpoint if errors are timeout related, or if something else is going on, so if anybody has any tips of what to look for, I'd appreciate them.

Had a chance to work on a test system with this addon other than my own, and would like to know what PHP or nginx options people have been modifying to alleviate timeout errors while this (and the DropBox extension) runs.

I'm not sure if there is a perfect combination of which properties to change, but I know personally, I've had to up my PHP time limit (set_time_limit) and in nginx, the fastcgi_read_timeout.

It's hard to pinpoint if errors are timeout related, or if something else is going on, so if anybody has any tips of what to look for, I'd appreciate them.

I still use @SneakyDave addon for backup files&database and for transfer only database backup from local server to dropbox. But to transfer files backup (10 GB) it is not good solution couse I get 504 error page on nginx. I resolved that with just make backup with this addon, and then from remote server start Rsnapshot

Thanks for this.
I am using Dropbox extension, but SFTP no, because I can not make it for 10 GB forum files backup.

No matter what settings I setup in conf file of nginx and php, it throws error sometimes in process of zipping and sometimes in process of transfering to remote server.
For alternative, I am using cron to gzip all forum folder and then rsnapshot to pull that gziped folder to remote server and rotate there to 5 days backup, and another cron to delete backup older than 5 hours on my local server.

Hi SneakyDave, my using is still the same. Not using sftp, but use forum database backup addon and another one for move databases to dropbox.
Meanwhile, my forum grows, so it is now about 23 GB, so I think sftp addon will not help me.

For dropbox , everything is workin OK. I can post you config variables of my server if you need to (if I correctly understood your post above), if that wil help you to make your addons better and better. (y)

Still waiting for google drive addon... :cry:

That's good to know, and strange that the DropBox addon works well while the SFTP one times out, or has some other issue. I wonder if there are some memory issues with the SFTP PHP package that causes those problems.

I may tackle the google drive extension again when the ForumBackup gets rewritten.

Top Bottom