[SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser [Deleted]

Yeah, you might want to check with @AndyB, he has a similar addon as mine, but it changes the database value of links. I suppose the same type of thing could be done as a cron, replacing bit.ly links.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser with a new update entry:

02/19/2017 - 1.2.1 New replacement tags

- Added {encoded2_url} and {encoded2_uri_noscheme} to the Replace Affiliates options for affiliates that use double encoded URL's and schemes.

Clackey identified a type of affiliate that requires the non-affiliated URL to be double encoded in th affiliated URL. This version adds that replacement tag to the replacement affiliate options tab.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this work with HTTPS URLs? I can't seem to get it to work anymore. I did also upgrade to XF 1.5.13 recently, but I think the affiliate switching to HTTPS might be the culprit.

It works with https is you've told the add-on to replace urls that start with https. If you are having a problem with SSL, send me your set options in a conversation and I'll take a look.

Do you work with this site
cut-urls.com
Adf.ly
I'm not familiar with those programs. Are they affiliate programs?

If you can send me more specifics about them, I can try them out

hello sir, i have some questions

1. Does this add-on make the old links use the affiliate code, i mean old links which have been posted before the add-on was installed?

2. Does this add-on hide affiliate code in posts?
- when someone post myforum.com, does your add-on turns the posts to myforum.com?123affiliate
-it looks bad in the forum when members can see your affiliate code

3. Does your add-on change the post code permanently
- if i disable your add-on add-on, will the post still say myforum.com?123affiliate, it does it revert back to the myforum.com
- i do not see a rebuild cache option

thanks

1. Does this add-on make the old links use the affiliate code, i mean old links which have been posted before the add-on was installed?
Yes, it only changes them in rendering/displaying, it does not change the physical links in database. All links prior to and after the add-on is installed will be rewritten with this addon

2. Does this add-on hide affiliate code in posts?
- when someone post myforum.com, does your add-on turns the posts to myforum.com?123affiliate
-it looks bad in the forum when members can see your affiliate code
It is against most affiliate TOS to hide the destination link of the outbound url. That being said, there is an experimental option that does this that I only recommend as experimental. It may not work correctly for your affiliates
3. Does your add-on change the post code permanently
- if i disable your add-on add-on, will the post still say myforum.com?123affiliate, it does it revert back to the myforum.com
- i do not see a rebuild cache option
If you disable the add-on, the original links revert to their original values, meaning that they are not permanently changed in the database.

I hope that answers your questions

Got this email from eBay - will we need to do anything?

Before Tuesday, October 1, you must update your API requests to use HTTPS service endpoints. After that point, all Finding API calls with HTTP endpoints will fail.

Before you update your application to use HTTPS endpoints:

• Ensure your application hosting platform/provider supports HTTPS
  • Test the HTTPS connection
Both our sandbox and production environments support HTTPS, so either can be used for testing. You should also check the eBay Developers Program website to confirm whether any other APIs you use also support HTTPS.

As an update, assuming you're using the "Replace Affiliates" option for your eBay affiliate account, make sure that all of your eBay replacement option values include "https://" at the beginning, that should be all you need to change.

I think somebody did this addon for XF 2.x, Snog or AndyB I think?

Here's Snogs, if you just want amazon or eBay.

Here's Andy's, if that helps:

nope. all those plugins are only able to append affiliate IDs, yours was able to do regex like replace which is needed for some affiliate platforms.

Top Bottom