Soft Responsive [Deleted]

Hi! I was wondering if it were possible to add another Tab to the navigation at the top (Home, Forums, Members, Help)? I'd like to just add a simple link to my blog with the text 'Blog,' in another tab, if possible?

Hi! I use Soft Responsive on my forum, and had a quick question about ads. I posted a 790x90 (or so) ad in 'ad_below_content,' and when opening it from mobile the forum is no longer centered on the screen because it's loading the full ad and showing it in the full size. I've changed to a 350x300 ad and no longer have the problem, I was just wondering if it were possible to have the longer ad in the full view, and a smaller or no ad in mobile view in that same template?

There are template variables in templates. I made a listener that checks on mobile detection. It checkes the user_agent and if the request comes from a mobile phone, at a specific hook name i created, it will trigger adding an additional variable to the template - isMobile

i am listening to a hook in node_list template, created by me, called 'before_node_list'. It triggers correctly because it does a var_dump on all hook parameters including the variable isMobile I added.

But when i try to dump in the template, the previous variable called _styleId is working great, but mine delivers a NULL, whatever the value i set on the listener.

the code i am using is:
if ($hookName == 'before_node_list')
{
$useragent=$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
if(preg_match('/(android|bb\d+|meego).+mobile|avantgo|bada\/|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|iris|kindle|lge |maemo|midp|mmp|netfront|opera m(ob|in)i|palm( os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|series(4|6)0|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows (ce|phone)|xda|xiino/i',$useragent)||preg_match('/1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r |s )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1 u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp( i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-| |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac( |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt( |\/)|klon|kpt |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg( g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-| |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-/i',substr($useragent,0,4)))
$hookParams['isMobile'] = 1;
else
$hookParams['isMobile'] = 0;

$params = $template->getParams();
$params += $hookParams;

/* echo "<pre>";
print_r($params);
echo "</pre>";
*/
// Set in the template
$template->setParams($params);

}

Does this look OK?

Thanks in advance..

If a forum visitor was looking at the bottom of a thread on a smart phone or tablet and wanted to drag up the bottom of the page to refresh and display updated posts (staying at the bottom, not pushing to the top) do you have any idea how to achieve this?

Scrolling all the way to the top is a bit tedious - even a shortcut to the top leaves one more action by the visitor to cause a refresh - and from the top of the page the user is then left to scroll all the back down to the bottom.

Mobile / tablet web browser scenario
Start location = bottom of the page
Action 1: Get to top of page
Action 2: Refresh
Action 3: Scroll back down to where you were to see new posts

Forum browsing app scenario
Start location = bottom of the page
Action 1: Thumb swipe up to see new posts

This is "app like" behaviour I would like in a mobile browser..

Is it possible?

Thanks very much

There are JS solutions for that, but I don't see point in adding them to style. It affects only one operating system.

Is there any way to get separate options for show navigation above logo on desktop and mobile? I like the way it looks on the desktop but prefer the below logo on mobile.

Also, how do remove your basic board info name on desktop and mobile?

Top Bottom