Add-on Social Sharing of Posts

danielTMC

Hi all,

Xenforo has built-in social buttons to share pages/threads to facebook, twitter, google+. There are also some great add-ons to expand this. However, I seem unable to find an add-on that will allow one to share a specific post directly to facebook, twitter, etc. This is something our users were used to in VB and we would like to provide them in XF.

Am I missing something? Does an add-on for this really not exist?

Thanks

Click on the post number hash on the right, for example #2.

View attachment 117262

Hello,
Xenforo allows to share a single post, but on Facebook it does not really share that single post. On Facebook this software shares the thread, not the post.
I tried to share every single post of this thread on Facebook, but every time the result was the sharing of the title of thread plus the first phrase of the thread.
Not the exact phrases of the post I am trying to share.
Therefore i cannot share a precise post on Facebook with Xenforo.
On Twitter things work better

Anyway, there is really no focus on social sharing, and this is "out of time". Boards are dying, day after day, and this also, but not only, because boards are not receiving traffic from social networks, because social sharing is "hidden" and not working properly on bulletin boards.
Most of the largest websites are receiving half of their traffic from social networks, because all large websites are giving to social networks a strong attention, and sharing of posts and articles is clear and evident.

Please, do something. Something really much more than a # and a number to click on it.

Last edited:
Hello,
Xenforo allows to share a single post, but on Facebook it does not really share that single post. On Facebook this software shares the thread, not the post.
I tried to share every single post of this thread on Facebook, but every time the result was the sharing of the title of thread plus the first phrase of the thread.
Not the exact phrases of the post I am trying to share.
Therefore i cannot share a precise post on Facebook with Xenforo.
On Twitter things work better

Anyway, there is really no focus on social sharing, and this is "out of time". Boards are dying, day after day, and this also, but not only, because boards are not receiving traffic from social networks, because social sharing is "hidden" and not working properly on bulletin boards.
Most of the largest websites are receiving half of their traffic from social networks, because all large websites are giving to social networks a strong attention, and sharing of posts and articles is clear and evident.

Please, do something. Something really much more than a # and a number to click on it.
I wholeheartedly agree, and this is something that has made quite a debate over at our forum. We haven't made the upgrade to XF2 yet, so I'm asking now; are there some viable solutions for this?

Top Bottom