XF 1.2 Social Share This Page icons not appearing for some users?

william1872

Hi all,

I've had feedback from about 5 of our members that they can't seem to see the 'Share This Page' social icons on new / existing threads.

I'll attach a screenshot of what one of them sees, and I'm wondering is this a potential styling issue, or maybe a compatibility problem?

I'm waiting to get the exact browser version (Firefox) and what OS they are using (Windows) with version.

Any help grately appreciated?

Thanks

William

jvfocus share buttons.webp

I've had more information back from one of the users.

"Here are the details that you requested.

I am using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76 m - says it is up to date

OS is Windows 8.1"

Here is the screenshot they sent me, pretty much the same as the one above.

For William.webp

There is no problem with that.

Since the social media icons are loaded directly from the respective social media site they cannot be loaded for users at computers or internet gateways that block such traffic.

It is not uncommon that providers or companies block access to Twitter and Facebook.

Interesting... companies I can understand blocking social activities however never heard of a provider blocking social sites in the western world (This users is based in Canada).

I'll see if they can connect from another location or laptop / device.

Interesting... companies I can understand blocking social activities however never heard of a provider blocking social sites in the western world (This users is based in Canada).

I'll see if they can connect from another location or laptop / device.

I have the same problem, in fact, I can't see the social icons in this page, like on my forum.
For some reason I can't see them since yesterday.

If you had ad block or anti tracking or something like that installed on your pc/device/browser, you might not see social icon.

You're right, it was adblock issue, but for my site and here it's disabled and the icons does not appear anyway.
If I uninstall adblock, I can see them.

Thanks. (y)

Top Bottom