Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I wish this works with different primary user groups. Unfortunately I’ll have to wait for the other addons that support this, even though I’m not a fan of their coding 😔

Just installed the plugin and got:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Finder/Node.php at line 22

1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Finder/Node.php at line 22
  2. Snog\Groups\XF\Finder\Node->listable() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 47
  3. XF\Repository\Node->findNodesForList() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 17
  4. XF\Repository\Node->getNodeList() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 50
  5. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionList() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1880
  9. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  10. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Just installed the plugin and got:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Finder/Node.php at line 22

1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Finder/Node.php at line 22
  2. Snog\Groups\XF\Finder\Node->listable() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 47
  3. XF\Repository\Node->findNodesForList() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 17
  4. XF\Repository\Node->getNodeList() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 50
  5. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionList() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1880
  9. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  10. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
Give me a few minutes. That's a result of my not testing the upgrade on a new install. It will take me a little bit to fix that.

Download and either upgrade or install the patch I just uploaded to the download server on my site. (2.0.7.2)

We've just identified another issue with the forum in a sub folder. The following 404 error is being produced in the console:

Code:
GET https://www.arrse.co.uk/js/Snog/Groups/snogform.min.js 404 ()

Our install is in arrse.co.uk/community

A patch has been uploaded to the download server that should fix that problem. Download the add-on and install the patch.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.9

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Group owners unable to edit sub-forums created in XF 1.x version
  • Fix - Group permissions not being properly set for a sub-forum when it is created/edited

Read the rest of this update entry...

Testing this out at present... when I enter an event, nobody other than me as the creator can see it. I have tried viewing public calendar as a guest with the box checked for it to show, and without checking the public event, as a joined user of the group, still can't see it.

I'm also getting this event error logged:

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Repository\StyleProperty::getEffectivePropertiesInStyle() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Style, null given, called in /var/www/myptsd/html/src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Event.php on line 48
[*] 
[*]src/XF/Repository/StyleProperty.php:127
[*]Generated by: user1
[*] 
[*]Feb 16, 2018 at 8:02 PM
[/LIST]
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Event.php(48): XF\Repository\StyleProperty->getEffectivePropertiesInStyle(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Event->actionEventFeed(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Groups:Eve...', 'Eventfeed', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snogGroups', Object(Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Event), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1889): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "/group_events/eventfeed?start=2018-01-28&end=2018-03-11&_=1518771730231"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://www.ptsdnews.com/group_events/public"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["/group_events/eventfeed"] => string(0) ""
    ["start"] => string(10) "2018-01-28"
    ["end"] => string(10) "2018-03-11"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1518771730231"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Additonally, it would be nice to see some sort of central approval queque for group membership requests, instead of sending a PC to the group owner. I don't allow PC's... and thus have them turned off.

Testing this out at present... when I enter an event, nobody other than me as the creator can see it. I have tried viewing public calendar as a guest with the box checked for it to show, and without checking the public event, as a joined user of the group, still can't see it.

I'm also getting this event error logged:

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Repository\StyleProperty::getEffectivePropertiesInStyle() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Style, null given, called in /var/www/myptsd/html/src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Event.php on line 48
[*]
[*]src/XF/Repository/StyleProperty.php:127
[*]Generated by: user1
[*]
[*]Feb 16, 2018 at 8:02 PM
[/LIST]
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Event.php(48): XF\Repository\StyleProperty->getEffectivePropertiesInStyle(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Event->actionEventFeed(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Groups:Eve...', 'Eventfeed', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snogGroups', Object(Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Event), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1889): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "/group_events/eventfeed?start=2018-01-28&end=2018-03-11&_=1518771730231"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://www.ptsdnews.com/group_events/public"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["/group_events/eventfeed"] => string(0) ""
    ["start"] => string(10) "2018-01-28"
    ["end"] => string(10) "2018-03-11"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1518771730231"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
What do you see as a non-member on the public events page? Anything?

About the error, have you deleted the default XenForo style?

Depending on your answers, the two problems may be related.

Additonally, it would be nice to see some sort of central approval queque for group membership requests, instead of sending a PC to the group owner. I don't allow PC's... and thus have them turned off.
Members are placed in a queue when they request membership.
ss6-png.157634

But the PC is used to let the owner and moderators know someone has applied. Without that, people could wait forever to be approved/denied. But, I will put "Alert on membership request" on the wish list.

Last edited:
As the group owner I can see:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.29.54 am.webp

As a user of the group, I see:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.32.33 am.webp

As a guest, not logged in, I see:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.33.29 am.webp

As for the styles, no, the default XF style is still there and I get the error with or without the style actively available for users.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.34.30 am.webp

As the group owner I can see:

View attachment 169063

As a user of the group, I see:

View attachment 169064

As a guest, not logged in, I see:

View attachment 169065

As for the styles, no, the default XF style is still there:

View attachment 169066
Hmm... default isn't the default style name in XF 2. It appears that it may have been re-created, renamed or some other modification done at some point.

In any case, I've uploaded a patch to the group system to the download server to account for that possibility.

Download the add-on from my site and install the patched version. And let me know if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't I'm going to be asking a lot of questions. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom