Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

My general impression of Social Groups thus far was that the release was a bit more alpha in some respects that a solid beta. I got the impression that development would be steady. Rigel is quite reliable, but it seems he hasn't had the time.

That being said, he's using it on his site.
http://cemzoo.com/index.php?cz-groups/

I know Social Groups is a desired addon. I think $40 is cheap for a great Social Groups addon. I think $40 is pretty expensive for a Social groups pre-beta with no support for 2 months.

Rigel is a great Xenforo member ... hopefully he's back soon to tidy up some things. :)

I would echo the recent posts.
I am another paying customer and have been disappointed with the lack of updates. There are far too many bugs and they are simply not getting fixed (or even responded to).

I would definitely discourage anyone else from purchasing this add-on until Rigel makes considerable progress in improving the quality of the add-on (or an alternative presents itself).

This was my first paid add-on (other than a style or two and an abandoned vB license). I know that many don't experience a need for social groups on their site, many have learned this through experience. I'm new at this, but social groups is a pretty important part of the vision I have for my site. This add-on really looked promising, and I appreciate how well the add-on developer responded and worked things out earlier. But it now seems, for a while, like something has happened and he isn't developing or responding. I hope that with whatever is going on, he's okay. From my short experience with reading posts here and his site, it doesn't seem he's the type to charge an amount that I paid happily in good faith towards all of the effort he was putting into the product, only to willingly stop all efforts and communication. Not all investments pan out, I have no hard feelings, but none of this eliminates my requirement for a more featured and mature social groups functionality for my project, so while I hope he returns; if he doesn't, I hope someone fills the void.

From what I understand, the author of this add-on has had a lot of 'real life' issues which have contributed to not having enough/any time to update the add-ons that he's released here on xF. With that being said, I know of one option being custom built currently, but I'm not sure of the timeframe of release. Hopefully we'll hear soon enough :)

The beta version is now very solid and still doing more testing as some major bugs was found. But Waindgo has not setup a way for payment yet. But it is on my development board and going in production this week or next week. He not sure when he will have a way to pay in place. I am talking now about direct payment to him.

Arnyvee if you want to test on the development board again let me know.

The beta version is now very solid and still doing more testing as some major bugs was found. But Waindgo has not setup a way for payment yet. But it is on my development board and going in production this week or next week. He not sure when he will have a way to pay in place. I am talking now about direct payment to him.

Arnyvee if you want to test on the development board again let me know.
I'd like to take a glance yes, screenshots would suffice if you're more comfortable with that.

I would echo the recent posts.
I am another paying customer and have been disappointed with the lack of updates. There are far too many bugs and they are simply not getting fixed (or even responded to).

I would definitely discourage anyone else from purchasing this add-on until Rigel makes considerable progress in improving the quality of the add-on (or an alternative presents itself).

This is one of the reasons why I don't like using mods, and prefer things to be part of the core.

Is there a way to remove the owner approve users group type?
I wont be wanting that...
Also, How would I change the route from cz-groups to just groups?
and the route /groups-list to just /groups?
and the route /group-detail to /group-info?

Top Bottom