Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

Rigel, I just noticed a couple of small additions that may help in the styling and social networking aspect of this add-on.

In the screenshot below, on the group listing page you can see that there is space between the group name and the thread counts within those groups. I would suggest adding Facebook/Twitter/Google+ icons so that folks can share their favorite groups (maybe with "Come join our group!" as text in the share message) on their various social networks.

Also, you may want to have the group creator have the option to select a background color (or image) for the display in the groups listing page as well. And, when the color/image is added, it will color the background of the group listing in the sidebar area as well as the background of the group on the groups listings. This may be a very colorful page when all is said and done, but will also help distinguish the group rather than just by the avatar selected. Just a suggestion :)

SocialGroups.webp

Request to adjust the approach a bit:
  • Public Group - Anyone can see group, see threads/posts, can join group, need to join group before posting but the join is not moderated.
  • Moderated Group - Anyone can see the group but does not have access to the threads / posts, and obviously cannot post to it unless they join group. Join Group is moderated.
  • Private Group - As is.

• Public Group - Anyone can see group, see threads/posts, can join group, need to join group before posting but the join is not moderated.
  • Moderated Group - Anyone can see the group but does not have access to the threads / posts, and obviously cannot post to it unless they join group. Join Group is moderated.
  • Private Group - As is.
The above with a change so that a Private group can be seen, but only members can see the threads/posts (so the general forum knows that the group exists).

A Hidden Group is not shown to anyone, other than members.

Though *all* groups should be visible to mods/admins. Tough to moderate when I have to go to the db to manipulate a current private group. :)

• Private Group - As is.

+1 , this would be better.

we dont want members to create groups
we would like to setup groups in admin section and have members join pre existing groups
is this possible?

also when we try to purchase the social group plugin
paypal gives us an error page

thanks
You can give group creation privileges only to admins, and access to the members to join groups.

... I tested the link, seems to work for me. What is the error?

zzzzz.jpg

Are there alerts and recent activity feed comments displayed when a member joins a group or starts a topic within a group? Or only when they reply to an existing topic?

Rigel, what can we place into the Page Criteria / Selected Navigation Tab section to exclude the notice(s) from showing on the Group pages? I tried using cz-groups and that did not work.

Also, how can we rename/change the "cz-groups" portion of the URL?

Rigel, what can we place into the Page Criteria / Selected Navigation Tab section to exclude the notice(s) from showing on the Group pages? I tried using cz-groups and that did not work.

Also, how can we rename/change the "cz-groups" portion of the URL?

Exclude from the group pages .. you can put that to the controller for index page or any other, I don't think there are exclusion in the criteria, more like selectors.

It is not possible as of now to rename the "cz-groups" part, since that is hardcoded in many places through the code.

also can we rename the link "group" to something else? example: rename it to "team fans"
and
how do we move the link to maybe the 2nd or 3rd link in the main menu?

Top Bottom