Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I'm not sure what you mean by "Team" since the word isn't used in the add-on.

If you mean "Groups", edit the 'snog_socialgroups_groups' phrase.

Thanks for this, should probably add it to a 'FAQ' on the add-on bit.

Question: Is there any way we can increase the size of the banner, possibly just the height rather than the width without it breaking anything?

Also: You can move threads from Jon W's social groups into this plugin without issue if you want to include that somewhere if anyone has a question.

Last edited:
Question: Is there any way we can increase the size of the banner, possibly just the height rather than the width without it breaking anything?

Also: You can move threads from Jon W's social groups into this plugin without issue if you want to include that somewhere if anyone has a question.
There's no easy way to increase the banner size since it's hard coded into the php files and in the css/templates.

Yes, you can move threads into the group forums but the entire group can't be imported from Jon's add-on.

The group is not an issue, I can have them make a new one and then move them over thanks.

In the future would it be possible to have different sizes then as a few users mentioned it would look better, thanks.

The group is not an issue, I can have them make a new one and then move them over thanks.

In the future would it be possible to have different sizes then as a few users mentioned it would look better, thanks.
I haven't checked, but I think it's already on the wish list. If it's not, I'll add it.

Snog updated Social Groups with a new update entry:

Social Groups Update 1.2.0

An update to the Social Groups system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Admin Social Group permission
NOTE: Admins that do not have this permission set will not be able to view threads in private groups. This does not affect super-admins.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Forgive me is this is written somewhere and I've just overlooked it, but is there a "Can view groups" permission? Or can anyone see the groups, but can/can't join depending on other permissions?

Thank you

Forgive me is this is written somewhere and I've just overlooked it, but is there a "Can view groups" permission? Or can anyone see the groups, but can/can't join depending on other permissions?

Thank you
There are permissions that need to be set for each user group...

groupperms.webp

After those are set, the permissions are based on the social group settings when it is created.

Thank you @Snog

I have a couple of other questions if you don't mind me asking...

For example: What happens if a user has a "Gold membership" with "Maximum Joined Groups = 5" and then they later have a "Silver Membership" with "Maximum Joined Groups = 3" ?

Do they get removed from 2 groups or can they still access all 5 groups that they've already joined?

Same example for creating groups?

Thank you

Thank you @Snog

I have a couple of other questions if you don't mind me asking...

For example: What happens if a user has a "Gold membership" with "Maximum Joined Groups = 5" and then they later have a "Silver Membership" with "Maximum Joined Groups = 3" ?

Do they get removed from 2 groups or can they still access all 5 groups that they've already joined?

Same example for creating groups?

Thank you
In a case like that, they would still be able to access all of the groups they belong to and have created.

But, they would not be able to join any more groups until they left enough groups to be able to join a new one.

They would not be able to create any more groups until they transferred ownership of enough of their existing groups to be able to create a new group.

@Snog

I purchased this add-on and I'm just going through setting it up. I'm at this bit...

You should also create a user to send automated PCs from the group system. The
most common name to use would be 'Group System'.

Does this user need any permissions? Admin/mod, etc? Or can it just be a "registered" user?

Thank you

@Snog

I purchased this add-on and I'm just going through setting it up. I'm at this bit...

You should also create a user to send automated PCs from the group system. The
most common name to use would be 'Group System'.

Does this user need any permissions? Admin/mod, etc? Or can it just be a "registered" user?

Thank you
It can just be a registered user.

@Snog

How is the navigation tab added?

I've enabled permissions and I have "Show Navigation Tab" selected, although I doubt this will work anyway because my navigation is heavily modified.

I can't see the template mod for the navigation tab, so I can't use it to hard code it myself. The only navigation temp mod is for group menu selections to be added to the forum tab.

Thanks

@Snog

How is the navigation tab added?

I've enabled permissions and I have "Show Navigation Tab" selected, although I doubt this will work anyway because my navigation is heavily modified.

I can't see the template mod for the navigation tab, so I can't use it to hard code it myself. The only navigation temp mod is for group menu selections to be added to the forum tab.

Thanks
Check to be sure your user group has permission to view groups.

There is no template modification for adding the tab. The navigation tab is added by the /library/Snog/SocialGroups/Listener/NavTab.php file.

It should add automatically unless you aren't allowing XenForo to do it automatically or have removed the '$extratabs.end' portion of your navigation template that are in the default XF navigation template.

Hi Snog,

Sorry to be a pain, but is there a way that I can get the group forum to appear on it's own page and just add another tab with the rest to link to it? So that it would be...

"Group Information" "Group Forum" "Group Discussions" "Group Photos" "Group Members"

I've tried turning off "Show Group Header in Forums" and this removes it fine, leaving the forum on it's own, but there is no way to view the "Group header" elsewhere, so I don't have any tabs, it's just a forum, no group info, discussions, etc.

Having "Show Group And Forum" checked doesn't seem to do anything either, it just links to the forum and doesn't show any group header, tabs, etc.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

This looks like a great add-on by the way and I'm looking forward to having it all set up properly (y)

Thank you

Hi Snog,

Sorry to be a pain, but is there a way that I can get the group forum to appear on it's own page and just add another tab with the rest to link to it? So that it would be...

"Group Information" "Group Forum" "Group Discussions" "Group Photos" "Group Members"

I've tried turning off "Show Group Header in Forums" and this removes it fine, leaving the forum on it's own, but there is no way to view the "Group header" elsewhere, so I don't have any tabs, it's just a forum, no group info, discussions, etc.

Having "Show Group And Forum" checked doesn't seem to do anything either, it just links to the forum and doesn't show any group header, tabs, etc.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

This looks like a great add-on by the way and I'm looking forward to having it all set up properly (y)

Thank you
I must be a bit confused.

You're asking for the group to appear on it's own page with the tabs, but then you're asking for it without the tabs?

Sorry, I honestly don't understand what you're asking for.

Top Bottom