[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

@Waindigo yes i have unistalled and installed again, still this odd behaviors keep. I re-installed, create new user, create usergroup with them, and two users won't be alerted even watching the group. Now if I as site admin join, i am correctly alerted. Can this be something with permissions? I don't see why.

There was also something with "Outdated templates", i remember one of my admins merged something and from sudden the Watched Forums on forum sub-menu disappeared, not sure if this is related to Why the User Options Disappear, but they display if i re-install again, they will disappear when a user sets its primary / secondary usergroup for all the users.

I think this is related with some upgrade from older versions that gone wrong, that may be why unistall and install again may not work because i don't feel this addon is not making a complete uninstall on database/template/files side.

Last edited:
Getting server errors everytime I enable this

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread_read_date - library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:674

Waindigo updated Social Groups by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.4 released
  • Social forum descriptions on social category page and 'My Social Forums' lists now have BB code stripped out.
This doesn't appear to strip all BBcode from the descriptions. In my testing, italics are stripped out, but IMG tags, SIZE tags, and possibly others are not. Oddly, it strips out the closing IMG and SIZE tags while leaving the openers.

So, for example, when this is the description source:
Code:
[IMG]http://valid/image/url/[/IMG]
[I]Some text goes here.[/I]

The description displays exactly as:
Code:
[IMG] Some text goes here.

This doesn't appear to strip all BBcode from the descriptions. In my testing, italics are stripped out, but IMG tags, SIZE tags, and possibly others are not. Oddly, it strips out the closing IMG and SIZE tags while leaving the openers.

So, for example, when this is the description source:
Code:
[IMG]http://valid/image/url/[/IMG]
[I]Some text goes here.[/I]

The description displays exactly as:
Code:
[IMG] Some text goes here.
This is the same as for other areas of XenForo. [IMG] and [MEDIA] tags are left in order to keep context.

I apologize for the confusion. I thought something like that might be the case, except that it also leaves SIZE tags in, which doesn't have anything to do with images or media. So I assumed it was a more endemic issue.

Major Profit! I was able to fix the Person Settings options of primary/secondary groups disappearing for now, after one re-install where i manually deleted files and rebuilt all caches on forum.

But @Waindigo by no way or form i can fix alerts, user is alerted correctly on when member asks to join, reply clan thread, but by no way i can get it to with Watch Clans on join turned on users to be alerted when someone posts a new thread.

Oddly enough, this works with my admin account, i am correctly alerted when someone created a thread on my social forum, but the rest of the users are not alerted. What can be causing this?

Edit: Watch Social Category will also not alert on new thread sadly. =/

Last edited:
Suggestion, @Waindigo:

Currently, Watched Social Forums is linked with Watched Forums. It would be nice to have it as an individual link. :)

To give you an example, if I comment this out in the navigation template with <xen:comment></xen:comment>, the Watched Social Forums link will also be hidden:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase watched_forums}</a></li>

Where can I as groupsowner approve waiting members? I can't find an option for that in my group ;)

Inside the group, from the Tools menu choose View Members (or click the title of the Members box to the right). Switch the tab to "Awaiting" to see the list of users waiting for approval.

Inside the group, from the Tools menu choose View Members (or click the title of the Members box to the right). Switch the tab to "Awaiting" to see the list of users waiting for approval.
Thank you for your answer, I found a member inside the tab "Awaiting", but how can I approve this member?

I'm considering installing this - but what would happen to social group content if we for some reason needed to uninstall this in the future? Our "club" threads reach 10,000 posts easily, it's a lot of content! Is there a way to "export" social group content into a traditional forum node?

I'm also waiting for one update, i even installed this on my test board, watch alert options aren't working, not alerting normal users, not sure if something wrong with permissions, i as admin can get alerts right, normal users won't. Hm

I can't ad resources at the resource manager, when the social groups are installed.
Is it possible? Am I the only user that will use both?

@Waindigo

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'social_forum_id' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Nobita/ThreadResource/Transfer.php at line 115
Nobita_ThreadResource_Transfer->transferring() in Nobita/ThreadResource/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 28
Nobita_ThreadResource_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionTransferResource() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/virtual/www.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/htdocs/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom