Social Groups by Waindigo [Paid] [Deleted]

Glad you finally managed and sorry again! Not quite sure what you are asking here, but you can probably achieve what you are trying to do by revoking the permissions that you don't want a user to have and then setting them as a permission for members in the options screen for this add-on.
I'm trying to see if I can allow a User created group to hide their forum posts from public view (In other words - Group members are the only ones that can view the posts inside the social group).

I'm trying to see if I can allow a User created group to hide their forum posts from public view (In other words - Group members are the only ones that can view the posts inside the social group).
So, if you revoke the 'view post' permission for the 'Registered' user group in the Social Category node, and then go to Options > Social Groups and ensure that the View permission is selected there, then it will only be visible to members of a group. You can do the same for any permission in that list.

Let's say we set it so a user needs to purchase a user upgrade to create a social forum (Recurring monthly to maintain it). If the user cancels their paypal subscription what happens to the social forum they created? Does it/Can it become locked for the other members until the payment is made?

Let's say we set it so a user needs to purchase a user upgrade to create a social forum (Recurring monthly to maintain it). If the user cancels their paypal subscription what happens to the social forum they created? Does it/Can it become locked for the other members until the payment is made?
At present, you can only control the permission to create social forums in the way you described. Further modifications would be required to do what you are suggesting. Please contact me if you are interested in contributing towards this.

Delete group link should be moved to Edit group.
Leave group link also moved to somewhere else. It isn't good to place that link in that position (it's encourage members to leave).

I'll be watching this resource until it can be used on large forums without so much server strain. Afterwards, I will purchase.

Is it possible to change the default /social-categories/ and /social-forums/ routes on this addon?

When I create a social node and set the url portion to "groups", I'd like to make domain.com/social-categories/groups/ to be domain.com/groups/

or alternatively, when I create a group, it will show as domain.com/social-forums/AAA-2013-students.1/
Can I change it to domain.com/groups/AAA-2013-students/ that is to change the route social-forums to /groups/ and be able to edit set the url of the group and remove the ID.

Also as someone who purchased this.. Some input on ideas on how to make some of the $30.00 back from my community :) I'd like to see in usergroup settings "can make groups require approval to join" (if this is set to no, then groups can be joined without moderator approval first), "can make groups private" and for create groups rather then just yes or no it should be 0 for no and amount instead of yes.. so a registered user can create one group, while a premium membership can create set amount defined via usergroup setting along with ability to have to receive approval to join or even make the group private.

Could anyone comment on whether all group forum activity shows up in the "what's new" section? If so, does this tie in with waindingo's select "what's new" addon? Or better yet, does "what's new" only include the groups a person is a member of?

YOu can
Could anyone comment on whether all group forum activity shows up in the "what's new" section? If so, does this tie in with waindingo's select "what's new" addon? Or better yet, does "what's new" only include the groups a person is a member of?

Social Category is a node, so you can set it appear on what's new or not.

Still playing with this addon as I just installed it a few days ago.
I created a few groups and set it as open and/or moderated.
I don't see any link where members will request to join.

Do I have to create secondary usergroups for each social group?

Still playing with this addon as I just installed it a few days ago.
I created a few groups and set it as open and/or moderated.
I don't see any link where members will request to join.

Do I have to create secondary usergroups for each social group?

Andy,
Go to node permissions. Select your social group node. Revoke permission to post new thread for registered members. (Under forum permissions). A button to join social group should appear. Remember to make sure joined members are allowed to post in your social group options.

Andy,
Go to node permissions. Select your social group node. Revoke permission to post new thread for registered members. (Under forum permissions). A button to join social group should appear. Remember to make sure joined members are allowed to post in your social group options.
Did as you said and I don't see a Join button anywhere.
I just found out that the Join button shows on the default style but not on Flexile style so it appears to be a style issue.
ok. Got the Join button to show on Flexile. I have put some code on extra.css to hide the SignUp button which is used for to join. Remove this code works.

Bugs?
When you go to any member profile page who is not a member of any group, the Social Forum tab will display "Loading".
Shouldn't it better to not display this tab for members who do not join any group, which is the majority?

Disable all permision for all uaergroups except View Node, Request to join
Set permissions in this Addon settings for Social Group members & Moderators.

Top Bottom