Social Groups by Waindigo [Paid] [Deleted]

I might've got excited a bit... I attempted to associate my account and I did not receive a PM yet. SO I went ahead and purchased a license... will it work once my account associates? I can't friggin wait!

I might've got excited a bit... I attempted to associate my account and I did not receive a PM yet. SO I went ahead and purchased a license... will it work once my account associates? I can't friggin wait!

yeap, as soon as it does that will let you download it

Thank god. LOL

I was so excited when I signed on and saw this resource. I was one step away of pulling the cash out of my wallet and inserting it into the disc drive. In hopes it'd reach him fast than signing into paypal and paying haha.

Someone said it earlier but it was a "Just shut-up and take my money!"

Sorry, more problems with the XenForo Integration. Please try again now.

As for optimisation, I think this is a bug and will investigate when I get back from holiday on Monday. The system is designed to work on large forums, so this shouldn't be happening.

other question: can group mods / creators (temp)ban people from the group?
Moderators can kick members out of a group, although there is nothing to stop them reapplying at present -- if the group is moderated though, you can just not accept.

Sorry if i'm becoming a pain, can group forums be converted to "regular forum nodes"? Or failing that, can posts be moved in and out of those group fora?

Are subforums within groups on the roadmap or is that not something that could be seen any time soon?

About the problems with XenAtendo, is this only present when enabling events for the social forum? I might consider getting this, but right now I need XenAtendo more, I think

Sorry if i'm becoming a pain, can group forums be converted to "regular forum nodes"? Or failing that, can posts be moved in and out of those group fora?
No, not a pain. This is not possible yet. Posts can be moved but there is a bug at the moment that will be fixed in the next release.

Are subforums within groups on the roadmap or is that not something that could be seen any time soon?
Not in the roadmap. More likely is a feature to 'link' social forums with each other.

As discussed above, if you are able to contribute, I am more than happy to consider any feature.

Okay finally got play with it and here's my a question or request.

I'd like the user to be able to set the forum view to private and/or the entire group (does not view in groups section without being invited). Is there a way to do this?

ALSO
is there a way to prevent users from creating the same group over and over again? I can see copy cat social groups becoming an issue... (for example a user A creates social group "awesome" and user B creates social group "awesome".

I can always manually delete but if there was a future option to prevent duplicate names it'd be nice.

Okay finally got play with it and here's my a question or request.

I'd like the user to be able to set the forum view to private and/or the entire group (does not view in groups section without being invited). Is there a way to do this?
Glad you finally managed and sorry again! Not quite sure what you are asking here, but you can probably achieve what you are trying to do by revoking the permissions that you don't want a user to have and then setting them as a permission for members in the options screen for this add-on.

ALSO
is there a way to prevent users from creating the same group over and over again? I can see copy cat social groups becoming an issue... (for example a user A creates social group "awesome" and user B creates social group "awesome".

I can always manually delete but if there was a future option to prevent duplicate names it'd be nice.
No, this is not possible at the moment, but this should be quite easy to add.

About the problems with XenAtendo, is this only present when enabling events for the social forum? I might consider getting this, but right now I need XenAtendo more, I think
I will need to test this further, but the best thing you can do is to pile pressure on the developer of XenAtendo to fix this bug on his add-on. XenForo has been built incredibly well to ensure that add-on's can work together, but for some strange reason the developer of XenAtendo has chosen to go completely against XenForo convention and as a result his add-on breaks other add-on's. The only way of fixing this in my add-on is if I too decided not to follow convention, which is a slippery slope and not something that I am prepared to do.

I will need to test this further, but the best thing you can do is to pile pressure on the developer of XenAtendo to fix this bug on his add-on. XenForo has been built incredibly well to ensure that add-on's can work together, but for some strange reason the developer of XenAtendo has chosen to go completely against XenForo convention and as a result his add-on breaks other add-on's. The only way of fixing this in my add-on is if I too decided not to follow convention, which is a slippery slope and not something that I am prepared to do.
Not to bash Jaxel in your thread, but I wish I never had started using any of his addons. Back in the early days he was hardup for cash, offered to pay if he made changes and he said: no I will not do that. He's, particular to say the least.

I doubt that helps though... Thanks for your answer though, I will hold off for now, I think I need XenAtendo more ATM. Keeping it on watched list though, it is looking fairly interesting.

Top Bottom