Social Groups by Waindigo [Paid] [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Social Groups by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Allow your users/moderators to create forums from the front end and choose who can view the contents

Description:

This add-on adds a new Social Category node type, within which you can set permissions so that users or moderators can create Social Forums from the front end.

Each Social Category can be set up with different default permissions, with additional user permissions given to users who opt to join or are moderators of a Social Forum.

Social Forums can be customised with their own logos and full BB code introductions.

The add-on also includes an importer...

Read more about this resource...

So this would allow a member to create a forum and allow them to be moderator of it?
Pretty much, although if they are not in the moderator user group then they won't have a Moderation Queue, so that will still need to be done manually. Also, it is important to note that any forums created do not appear in the Node Tree.

Could you maybe add a toggle to appear in node tree or not.. Also an option to purchase a forum though account upgrades to be made rather then it just being free?

Could you maybe add a toggle to appear in node tree or not. Also an option to purchase a forum though account upgrades to be made rather then it just being free?
You could use the built-in User Upgrades feature to sell access to a user group that includes the permission for creating forums. However, this would not be limited to a single forum, but I could probably add a limit permission if someone was willing to contribute for that feature.

It would be very difficult to have a node tree toggle. It is not just that they are hidden from the node tree, but the whole system was intentionally designed so that the Social Forums are managed completely independently of the node tree.

Even though this is a paid add-on, my usual policy applies regarding new features. Quite simply, any new features will still have to be paid for by someone, although the cost may be subsidised slightly compared to other development. The majority of the fees will go towards the initial cost of producing this add-on, providing support for the add-on (due to its complexity) and maintaining the add-on for future versions of XenForo.

Okay, so like I'd set a category - games - and the USERS could make "Minecraft" and "TF2" and "World of Warcraft"....Correct?

Okay, so like I'd set a category - games - and the USERS could make "Minecraft" and "TF2" and "World of Warcraft"....Correct?
Yup. In fact, you could set different levels of categories. So you could have a Social Category called 'PC Games' and allow users to create 'Minecraft', 'TF2' etc., then you could have a normal Category called 'Playstation Games' within which you have several Social Categories for 'PS1', 'PS2', 'PS3', etc.

Yup. In fact, you could set different levels of categories. So you could have a Social Category called 'PC Games' and allow users to create 'Minecraft', 'TF2' etc., then you could have a normal Category called 'Playstation Games' within which you have several Social Categories for 'PS1', 'PS2', 'PS3', etc.

Could you set up some caterories as discribed above in the demo as there is currently only one..

yeah I haven't received mine yet either
Not sure what is going on. I can do programming, but I'm rubbish when it comes to anything to do with running a server! I've disabled email confirmations and approved your account. Sorry about that!

Could you set up some caterories as discribed above in the demo as there is currently only one..
Done.

Top Bottom