Lack of interest Social Engine - xenforo Bridge

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

John80

hi all,

First off, sorry that this is posted here rather than add on request. As a non xenforo customer I can not post there

I have the Social Engine script, (demo) which is a good social networking script (Zend based), but it lacks a good forum. At the same time I love Xenforo, and would like to find a way to merge/bridge it with Social Engine, so users of one can use the other without re-registering and so on...

I dont have the capabilities to be able to code something like this myself, but to the suggestion of Kier (who along Mike are absolute geniuses and have created an amazing piece of software) I am posting on the forums for any other skilled developer from the community to take advantage of.

there is a real demand on social engine for a good forum software, which xenforo is. And there are a lot of people who own social engine, which would make such a hack quite popular and financially sound

Ideal requirements for the merge
1. people do not have to register/sign 2 times to use the forum and the social network
2. threads from the forum, get posted on the newsfeed of social engine. comments on the newsfeed get posted back to the forum as a reply.

thank you all for looking and attempting :-)

Mods, sorry if this is not in the correct forum. I posted where I though it would be most fitting.

Kier, Mike! Amazing work

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, I would have to say Social Engine would be one of the bes social networking scripts. And its sales seem to prove that. What they do not have is a decent forum.. Perhaps founders of SE and XF could get together and combine into a bundle package?

Or perhaps Mike/Kier could develop a module of XF for Social engine and sell it through SE's marketplace?

of any other developer for that matter

I don't no, I mean it can be fast...at times faster than xF...but it will take much more resources so if you don't have at least your own VPS then it will be hard(nearly impossible) to run a successful SE Site.
That's important information to know.
Is there a somewhat systematic method of determining this ?
How do you know this ? Experience ?

That's important information to know.
Is there a somewhat systematic method of determining this ?
How do you know this ? Experience ?
Experience, have used it b4 and was planning on making a site with it...but couldn't afford the amount of resources it was going to take at the time. Might do one in the future but I think Dolphin is another solution that should be considered to be integrated with xf.

Social Engine is a lot better than Dolphin, and I have tried both. I have also run SE on a dedicated and a VPS. Runs quite good even on VPS, but it just does not have the same 'fluidity' I would say that XF has. thats why I really want to incorporate Xenforo as the main forum on it.

Social Engine 4 is a fairly new product, a complete re-build of se3 and as such, its still quite young and growing fast. I am sure (and developers have said) that it will be a lot faster in the near future... Along with all the other features they plan to add.

Hello,

I am working with a team and we are building such a mod now. I think the best bet is to let us really test it and make sure its good and then I can get back to you about it.

God bless!

Faith

Beware of socialenginezzz.com I purchased a SE/vB bridge with them and my key when I installed said it was already in use. Support mail went unanswered for 3 weeks to final receive a reply asking for my domain and lisc number, that was 2 weeks ago and no other replies since.

I have found the same thing with a few other companies. I always contact them and ask for a discount before I buy. This way I know they respond to emails.

Top Bottom