Lack of interest Social Engine - xenforo Bridge

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

John80

hi all,

First off, sorry that this is posted here rather than add on request. As a non xenforo customer I can not post there

I have the Social Engine script, (demo) which is a good social networking script (Zend based), but it lacks a good forum. At the same time I love Xenforo, and would like to find a way to merge/bridge it with Social Engine, so users of one can use the other without re-registering and so on...

I dont have the capabilities to be able to code something like this myself, but to the suggestion of Kier (who along Mike are absolute geniuses and have created an amazing piece of software) I am posting on the forums for any other skilled developer from the community to take advantage of.

there is a real demand on social engine for a good forum software, which xenforo is. And there are a lot of people who own social engine, which would make such a hack quite popular and financially sound

Ideal requirements for the merge
1. people do not have to register/sign 2 times to use the forum and the social network
2. threads from the forum, get posted on the newsfeed of social engine. comments on the newsfeed get posted back to the forum as a reply.

thank you all for looking and attempting :-)

Mods, sorry if this is not in the correct forum. I posted where I though it would be most fitting.

Kier, Mike! Amazing work

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
They are a well known company and all their mods are advertised on SE's site even. Research shows though now that their support is pretty no existent though. If something don't work or a key is invalid your pretty much SOL. Opened a dispute now with PayPal just a bit ago, hopefully that gets a response from them now with my intention of charging back $65.00 if I don't hear from them.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone had worked on this, or is willing to do so. Any updates are very much welcomed.

thank you

Very much interested in this. Have a thriving Social Engine network and abhor the simplistic forums. A well executed integration (not just a bridge - complete with SE4 widgets) would be well worth the money I'd throw at it.

have samples?
Don't have. Just worked with XF code and can say it's definitely possible but requires some time and skills.

This is user's news feed which can serve as activity page.
If you set profile as default route instead of forums, allow to post various things like pictures and video in the profile it become look like social network.
Friendship is almost same as followers. Also you have to add various social widgets.

P.S. the main difference between forum and social network is that first is content-oriented, second is user-oriented.
This orientation can be changed by sidebars, default routes and extending user's profile.

Top Bottom