1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 social auth integrated in xenforo 1.3

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Echelon, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

but now my fb/tw/g+ buttons look like nothing.......can someone please help me change this. i have tried but i cannot change it

IS NOW

now.png

WISH IT IS LIKE THIS

inlog2.png

2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Looks like you may be using a custom style. The icons for the new FB/Google+/Twitter login links need to be copied to your custom styles folder.

Echelon likes this.
  3. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

yes but how? i have tried but i mess up

4. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

From Brogan's guide....
    For example, if your custom style is using /styles/{mystyle}/xenforo then you'll need to copy /styles/default/xenforo/twitter-bird.png to /styles/{mystyle}/xenforo/twitter-bird.png.

If you post a link to your site we can likely see what folder it is looking for that you need to copy them to.

Echelon likes this.
  5. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

thanks but i want different images.

site = www.socialmediatalk.nl

6. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

If you change those images, be careful since you might not be in compliance with the branding for those companies. Google, for example, recently contacted somebody else about how their XF login button was working (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/issue-with-google.71380).

Personally I would advise to just use the stock images that come with XF since the XF guys have already done the research in how the buttons need to appear.

Echelon likes this.
  7. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

yes but why always the ugly images ;-). im sorry to say but the ones xf has are just outdated

i like the ones i want more and i want them, not the xf ones.

but now it looks like this after following the brogan guide

nonono.png

8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Point being... doesn't matter whether they are "outdated" or not... if that's what Google wants you to use it's "highly recommended" that you use it. No telling what nasty stuff google could do considering that they have the power of Google Search (and inclusion/exclusion).

And the problem with your images is going to be specific to your style.

Echelon likes this.
  9. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

kinda strange...i run over 8 platforms with social login/register with all different styles and buttons and never heard google complaining. nevertheless.....i will bow and use the "not so pretty" buttons. how do i put them back since i deleted this buttons

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

They should be in your original archive... and this basically applies to the Google Plus. Here is a short section of their commenting:

Echelon likes this.
  11. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

Thanks for your help

12. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

just one more thing.....where can i find the facebook icon?

fbb.png