So.

Makaze

I would like to be able to view post attachments. I guess I need to post for that or something, so here I am, posting.

I wish people would host images off-site. It would make lurking that much easier.

Depends what attachments and where they are.

If you're talking about Resources in the Resource Manager then you need to be a licensed customer.

If you're viewing attachments elsewhere then you just need to be registered - no requirement to make a post.

Not just in the manager, but in resource threads as well.

That's rather annoying. I like to know what I'm getting into before I recommend it to someone else, which is what I'm looking to do.

Yeah, you need to be a licensed customer.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help.

What exactly are you looking to recommend to someone else? The forum software or are they already a licensed customer?

If you're helping out someone who already has a license then they can authorise your forum account in the Customer Area which will allow you to download resources.

Yeah, you need to be a licensed customer.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help.

What exactly are you looking to recommend to someone else? The forum software or are they already a licensed customer?

If you're helping out someone who already has a license then they can authorise your forum account in the Customer Area which will allow you to download resources.
I'm looking to recommend this, and I need to know if it will allow one to import vBulletin 4.x (!IMPORTANT) User Notes and just the User Notes.
Seems like someone's copying someone else's thread title idea. ;)
Hah. I didn't look at the list before posting.

If you have a license, add your forumaccount to the forum user page.
If you're looking for someone else, ask them to add your account to it.

If you don't have a license and don't know anyone who does, you might wanna start off with that, as you'll be unable to do much up to that point. :)

If you have a license, add your forumaccount to the forum user page.
If you're looking for someone else, ask them to add your account to it.

If you don't have a license and don't know anyone who does, you might wanna start off with that, as you'll be unable to do much up to that point. :)
Can I get an answer regarding that add-on regardless?

Ragtek isn't supportin his add-on's here directly for the time being. Here's his last post:

If anybody needs support for my addons: most of you have my mail address, if not visit => www.github.com/ragtek & i'll also try to update http://ragtek.github.com

You'd be better off getting him there.
Thanks, I'll ask there if I can.
Take a guess as to why certain things are disabled for people without a license.
To make things harder for the average user trying to improve a community he is not an admin of?

Thanks, I'll ask there if I can.
To make things harder for the average user trying to improve a community he is not an admin of?
To prevent people who do not actually buy the software to be able to pirate the software or its addons, get support they haven't paid for or get support while they are pirating either the software or its addons would be my guess. Nevertheless, the restrictions are in place for a reason and I told you the way around it; get your name added to the forum users of whoever does own a license.

To prevent people who do not actually buy the software to be able to pirate the software or its addons, get support they haven't paid for or get support while they are pirating either the software or its addons would be my guess. Nevertheless, the restrictions are in place for a reason and I told you the way around it; get your name added to the forum users of whoever does own a license.
Fair enough. To my eye this particular add-on was free, though.

Guys, I have to say I think some are being a bit unreasonable.

His intentions are clearly good and he's not attempting to gain unauthorised access to content - he's asked a simple question.

Makaze, I am not familiar with the user notes add-on, but I would be surprised if it wasn't possible to write a query that could import the data from vBulletin user notes to this add-on.

After all, if an importer can be written to migrate a whole board, I'm certain this task should be easy.

Obviously to get practical advice on how to achieve this, we can only help licensed customers, but to answer your query, yes, I would guess that it should be possible (but can't be certain).

Guys, I have to say I think some are being a bit unreasonable.

His intentions are clearly good and he's not attempting to gain unauthorised access to content - he's asked a simple question.

Makaze, I am not familiar with the user notes add-on, but I would be surprised if it wasn't possible to write a query that could import the data from vBulletin user notes to this add-on.

After all, if an importer can be written to migrate a whole board, I'm certain this task should be easy.

Obviously to get practical advice on how to achieve this, we can only help licensed customers, but to answer your query, yes, I would guess that it should be possible (but can't be certain).
Not trying to be unreasonable, I told him straight away that he needs to associate his forumaccount with a license, as KAM have decided that you need that to watch those images. It's not my rule or restriction, but I do feel saying "can you give me the answer regardless" is a bit... wrong. Other than that there's not much help I can give as I'm in the same situation as you (not knowing much about the addon, so I can only guess) and the only help I can offer is to point to what he can do so he can see the stuff himself. :)

Top Bottom