So... Where can you have your adsense code without being banned?

danielwerner

Topic.

I heard many of you got your adsense account blocked for using it on a Xenforo forum (probably the same with another forum, but still). I was just wondering, where do you have your code? Where are you supposed to have it? Does it even matter or does Google randomly ban users?

I want to have my code in like the third post of every thread. Anyone else who is successful with that solution?

I have adsense in the first post, after the first post and at the bottom of the page in the thread_view template.

No problems so far.

I believe a change has been made to how they deal with invalid clicks.

My first account was banned for "invalid click activity", which I assume was due to over zealous members.
That's just an assumption as Google refused to provide any details.

However, the new account still suffers a large number of invalid clicks but it seems they are now filtered out without penalising the account owner by cancelling the account.

After all, I have no control over who clicks what and how often.

I have one above and below the content and also use DP's Addon to put one at the last read post.

Currently having an issue where the different positions are showing the same ad and trying to sort that out with google :-(

I believe a change has been made to how they deal with invalid clicks.

My first account was banned for "invalid click activity", which I assume was due to over zealous members.
That's just an assumption as Google refused to provide any details.

However, the new account still suffers a large number of invalid clicks but it seems they are now filtered out without penalising the account owner by cancelling the account.

Hey, wait...

Aren't you only allowed the one account? I'm sure I read that you can't make a new account if one was already banned ;)

Liam

In the past year, Google suspended showing ads on my network twice (usually domain specific). They've sent a message with a link to the offending post, I've cleaned it up as well as any duplicates of anything remotely the same (Delete!), and sent a message back to Google. They reviewed and ads started showing again.

I'd prefer they send me the offending link first and let me get rid of it before they suspend but that's their policy.

But that didn't stop them from claiming you should know who your users are.

As if I can doing anything about how someone in Mongolia decides to click on my ads.

One of my sites got booted from AdWords due the "quality of the landing page" (a forum main index), so I quit running my own ads. I just take their money & don't send any back their way.

There does seem to be a shift in the way invalid clicks are handled. Last fall they started having massive end-of-month adjustments, and they quickly evolved to making the adjustments continuously with a very small (1-2%) adjustment at the end of the month & finalizations by the 2nd or 3rd. If you watch your daily balance closely now, it's not unusual to see it drop slightly as adjustments are made.

Top Bottom