So, new Twitter is not background friendly :(

ArnyVee

We setup a new Twitter background to help with the branding and marketing of TeeVeeTown (see attached), but when I switched over to the "new" Twitter it doesn't give you hardly any room to display the background! Boo! :(

I hope that Twitter adds a collapsible right sidebar to help with those that have invested in their Twitter backgrounds. It's really going to cut down on the design work for graphical designers if they can't make these anymore.

Attachments

• NewTwitterBackground1.webp
    NewTwitterBackground1.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 81
  • NewTwitterBackground.webp
    NewTwitterBackground.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 79
Perhaps if you try having text running vertically that might help. That way at least, you have your sites name present within that spacing?

I'm sure that the new twitter background design is only for the account holder, so views don't see the full lot, and they only see what they currently see.

It's just the background image isn't wide enough Peggy and it's aligning left.
So there's a lot of blank space to the right of the image.

What is the "ideal" screen size to design for these days?
How long is a piece of string? :D

Seriously, it's a minefield but one thing you must do is ensure your site works on 1024px wide.
That seems to be the cut off point for all the major sites.

on my 27" display, i never really noticed the difference. but yeah. twitter has said that the new UI is wide and they have no plans to change it in the future.

Very strange.
This is what I see on my 20" widescreen monitor, at 1440 x 900 using IE 8 and FF -

(offtopic) Just wondering: why do you use Photobucket for posting images, Peggy, if you have the wonderful attachment system of XenForo at hand? (I am asking this because somehow from my work PC I can not see images posted through Photobucket) (/offtopic)

I see the same thing that Brogan mentioned, you're problem will be solved if you change your background color from #1a1b1f to #87c5fe which is the light blue color where your background image ends on the right side.

It's just the background image isn't wide enough Peggy and it's aligning left.
So there's a lot of blank space to the right of the image.
I know that, but you also can't see the picture of the man on the left side now, because the new Twitter page is too wide. ;)

(offtopic) Just wondering: why do you use Photobucket for posting images, Peggy, if you have the wonderful attachment system of XenForo at hand? (I am asking this because somehow from my work PC I can not see images posted through Photobucket) (/offtopic)
I know why I try not too...I don't want to use up too much of KMA's bandwidth. I put mine on my own server instead.

Top Bottom