So, my official thoughts on xF

Why do you feel you would be banned for expressing your opinion on XenForo? I'll give it a read through later today.

Most people who read these forums will read it regardless of whether or not "DO NOT BAN ME" was in the title or not, myself included. The attention grab now seems like a way to send traffic to your blog.

Yes, my cpm is wicked high on my blog.

**traffic would be directed there regardless...according to you.

Great to see someone else move over from vB to XF! These kind of posts build up my confidence to do the same.

Can you elaborate on any part of the migration from vB to XF that you felt was a step down in functionality from vB?

Great to see someone else move over from vB to XF! These kind of posts build up my confidence to do the same.

Can you elaborate on any part of the migration from vB to XF that you felt was a step down in functionality from vB?

Ive read this question a few times while trying to reflect on the migration.You stumped me. :)
So my answer is no, there is nothing that comes to mind that would be a step down in functionality from vB4 to XenForo.

The only issue that is a step down for me is the availability of addons, both custom and general. Both which will be resolved with time.

Overall, looking at the last few day I would give vB4 a 6/10. XenForo a 9/10. Both are a pass but one is clearly better than the other.

I read your blog and I was glad to see that your experience with xenforo was very positive.

And welcome to xenforo btw.

- I will marry the mistress.
And you'll find she's the real love of your life and never stray again :D

Nice write up - I like the personal approach and feel you used in it (y) (FWIW, your style screenshots of vB4 and XF.. the XF version looks far sexier!)

Regardless, the attention grab seems to give linking to your blog ulterior motives. Either way, it was still a nice write up.

Aww well. Not my intention. Just trying to find my place here and spice it up!!!! . :)
You are free to cut and paste if you like but I will be updating that entry as I continue to work with xF.

I read your blog and I was glad to see that your experience with xenforo was very positive.

And welcome to xenforo btw.

Thanks. Seen some of your work, bought some!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

And you'll find she's the real love of your life and never stray again :D

Nice write up - I like the personal approach and feel you used in it (y) (FWIW, your style screenshots of vB4 and XF.. the XF version looks far sexier!)

You know, you are the 2nd person to say that. I guess because I looked at it 1000x already i'm just desensitized to it.

Most importantly, xF runs smoother and faster than the vB4 one :)

I don't know about the other stuff but the xenforo site looks really nice. Good job.

thanks for the positive feedback.

One thing I liked is that the template system wasn't very unfamiliar feeling, I liked that.
But what I really appreciate is the ajax in the back end :)

*** Edit add: Someone asked me about subscription importing. As I recall there was no feature to import supporters ($ subscriptions) . This will be a problem on my big board migrations. So, consider that.

Nice style and site Mr.Rick and a good read of your thoughts regarding xenforo. :)

noticed a little issue

your section loginButton block and i suspect your visitorPanel are clashing with the search. Untitled-7.webp

Nice style and site Mr.Rick and a good read of your thoughts regarding xenforo. :)

noticed a little issue

your section loginButton block and i suspect your visitorPanel are clashing with the search. View attachment 44292

Finally got around to that today, thanks for reporting it.

Was working on a few other conversions :)

Side note.. Analytics is reporting traffic is up, could be peoples curiosity, could be the site just runs better.
Statistically way less registrations since the tools using to block spam are working perfect!

Top Bottom