So I redid my site.

Well it has a cute different look.
But I don't know what it's supposed to do.

I clicked to shoot you and nothing happened.
clicked arrow on left nothing happened.
clicked links at top nothing happened

:(

Well it has a cute different look.
But I don't know what it's supposed to do.

I clicked to shoot you and nothing happened.
clicked arrow on left nothing happened.
clicked links at top nothing happened

:(
Huh. That's not supposed to happen. What browser/OS are you using? On a mobile device by any chance? Disabled javascript, or limited it via something like NoScript?

Working fine on IE, FF, Opera & Chrome for me.

sorry caelum .. I use ff latest3.6.1.2 and I have no blocks,
no problem with js on here (xf) occasionally on other sites but really only occasionally.
os is desktop win2k - I know I know but I love it. so stable and straightforward.

Added a tweak or two to improve the JS-free version, though the shooty thingy still won't work without JS. I just tested in your version of FF and it worked fine for me aside from things like the rounded corners that version of FF doesn't support. If you're still having issues now, I'd imagine win2k is to blame. I might be wrong though; anyone else having issues?

The asteroids thing is really cool.
I think you should reposition the instructions, though, once the "ship" appears, all my eyes could focus on was the triangle, and it took me a long long time to figure out I should be using the keyboard. If those instructions were right next to the triangle and they fade of, or fall to the bottom of the screen that would be awesome.

The asteroids thing is really cool.
I think you should reposition the instructions, though, once the "ship" appears, all my eyes could focus on was the triangle, and it took me a long long time to figure out I should be using the keyboard. If those instructions were right next to the triangle and they fade of, or fall to the bottom of the screen that would be awesome.
That gives me an idea. Will implement something slightly different soonish, cheers. :)

Could do with some images or more interesting layout of the text only pages, but I like the horizontal sliding effect. I've seen a few sites like that vertically but it doesn't work very well depending on the size of your monitor.
The fixed width horizontal slide like on your site is potentially much better.

The shave den design is pretty cool :)

Needs more stuff to blow up..LOL

nice on the slider and stuff....I'm assuming you can do images the same way...

ah..yea..finally hit that link..

I like the simplicity, the colors don't hurt my eyes and the page does it's job, the one thing I would do is add like a navigation tree on one of the sides and allow the child level slides to be directly selected from any page. That and it would give more stuff to shoot later :-)

but yeah about that script.. it is pretty damn cool ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
mission accomplished :-)

Any thoughts?
Is it xenforo based ?
FYI, I successfully destroyed everything :)
I pwn at Asteroids since 1979.
I'd add audio to give it a real Asteroids effect :)

caelish.com.asteroids.webp

I also tried to kill the instructions.
For like 5 minutes.
(Just Kidding).
How about the entire site reboots once you KILL everything ?

Or once everything is done .... that is when you display your "Pitch Line".

Congratulations, you completed the mission.
And then you reboot your site with a pitch about innovative web solutions.
Or something like that :)

FYI, in Chrome, when I [esc] to quit, the entire site is blank.
That's not so good !
You force the user to hit refresh to bring your site back.
And you know what users are like !

Suggestion:

Press [esc] to quit
should be a part of the visible instructions, not just when clicking with the mouse.

ie.

Press spacebar to shoot
Press [esc] to quit

As well, I didn't notice the ship appearing the first time I don't think.
How about getting it to appear just under where the person clicks.
As well, how about starting the ship moving and shooting once or twice to really give the user the scoop about what is going on.

nice on the slider and stuff....I'm assuming you can do images the same way...

ah..yea..finally hit that link..
Haha, yeah. The simplicity thing kind of got in the way of having tons of things to shoot. :LOL:

I like the simplicity, the colors don't hurt my eyes and the page does it's job, the one thing I would do is add like a navigation tree on one of the sides and allow the child level slides to be directly selected from any page. That and it would give more stuff to shoot later :)

but yeah about that script.. it is pretty damn cool ...
Child level slides as in Design/Optimization/Maintenance/Other links? If so, I agree wholeheartedly it needs some way to be more easily accessible, it's just that I haven't been able to figure out a way to do it that doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out with a fork. Dropdown menus didn't exactly work for it. I might be misunderstanding you though.

Is it xenforo based ?
FYI, I successfully destroyed everything :)
I pwn at Asteroids since 1979.
I'd add audio to give it a real Asteroids effect :)

View attachment 25919
I also tried to kill the instructions.
For like 5 minutes.
(Just Kidding).
How about the entire site reboots once you KILL everything ?

Or once everything is done .... that is when you display your "Pitch Line".

Congratulations, you completed the mission.
And then you reboot your site with a pitch about innovative web solutions.
Or something like that :)
Glad you liked it :)
It's not XF-based; right now, it's using WordPress as backend for my convenience + WP super cache to minimize the performance impact of that, but I might just switch to plain HTML PHP files.

FYI, in Chrome, when I [esc] to quit, the entire site is blank.
That's not so good !
You force the user to hit refresh to bring your site back.
And you know what users are like !

Suggestion:

Press [esc] to quit
should be a part of the visible instructions, not just when clicking with the mouse.

ie.

Press spacebar to shoot
Press [esc] to quit
Hm, I can do that, yeah. Alternatively, a thought: either refreshing the page automatically after the user hits 80 points (with a slight delay to prevent confusion), or refreshing the page on click. I could even make the onclick instructions something like 'press f5 to quit', though. I'll play around, see what I can do

View attachment 25921

Bottom left looks a little weird for me.
Yeah, known issue with Firefox & Opera - they put the text on the wrong side of the page. I'll figure out a workaround, cheers.

-----

Basically, here's what I'm thinking when it comes to adjustments to the Asteroids part:
  • The ship should appear at the movement/shooting instructions line.
  • The instructions line should have a bit about clicking anywhere to exit.
  • The page should refresh (ending the Asteroids game) if the user clicks anywhere
  • Issue involving various browsers displaying the instructions at different places should be fixed. Should be very doable.
I should have an updated version tomorrow or so :)

Top Bottom