So I bought a VPS from OVH...

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Today I bought a VPS from OVH (Cloud 2) out of sheer curiosity. I took some time to activate the server (about 3-4 hours) but that's not a problem. And a simple benchmark yielded better results than my other VPS from DigitalOcean so maybe I will move to OVH.

But I can't seem to figure out one thing:
16.webp
It says here that these services are disabled and not sure how to enable them.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
You sure that it means the service is disabled? Because they are protocols (with an exception) not services. I think that is monitoring you have disabled.

Today I bought a VPS from OVH (Cloud 2) out of sheer curiosity. I took some time to activate the server (about 3-4 hours) but that's not a problem. And a simple benchmark yielded better results than my other VPS from DigitalOcean so maybe I will move to OVH.

View attachment 142478

Anyone got any ideas?
Have you changed your root password?

If you answered yes to that: have you changed it from CLI or the cloud VPS panel?

View attachment 142478

Anyone got any ideas?

I try not to rely on the control panel status, I've noticed it shows services down but they're normally up.

Example, I've got 3 claiming to have SSH and DNS down and a 4th claiming everything is down but they're fine and all are online. It's likely due to a bug.

I did a full reinstallation of the VPS and it was still the same, so I concluded it being an issue with their monitoring system since the server is working as expected without any hitch. :D

I did a full reinstallation of the VPS and it was still the same, so I concluded it being an issue with their monitoring system since the server is working as expected without any hitch. :D
Some of those are also dependent upon firewalls (software) that may be in place. If you system does not respond to an outside ping, then PING won't show as working. If you have changed your SSH port to mask it, same thing. HTTP should show fine if you have an HTTP server running (same with HTTPS for port 443).
The point is, the OVH server MUST be able to reach your VPS/dedi for those to work. If you block any of those ports or restrict them only to certain IP's then you MUST include access of the OVH monitoring IP's in your exclusion.

Top Bottom