S'more did it.

Gabby

So after hogging down seven s'mores, I deleted my xf database by mistake. :confused:

Any chance I can revive it?

Ice cold milk helped but still no database or forum. LOL

I should be really upset about this but for some reason I'm not at the moment. :D

There's probably nothing you can do to get it back, but I would open a support ticket with your hosts ASAP.

They may be able to retrieve it.

Well you could just attach another database to it, but your database stores all of your configuration, styles, and loads more. If you set up a blank database you will essentially be starting again.

Again, speak with your hosts. They may do daily backups or have some other ingenious way of restoring the data for you.

Oh no worse. I went to my control panel and deleted it, instead of another one I wanted to delete. I don't know anything about phpadmin.

Do you have a recent backup? If you do, simply restore it. You can create a new db using the same info like it had or if you don''t remember them, use other info and then update the db info at the config.php file.

Or as mentioned above, ask your host about it. Most hosts make daily backups and restore them for free of charge in similiar situations.

No I don't think so. Just got a message back from Host, the don't either. Oh well. My fault for not paying attention.

May I give you an advice? It would be much better to set up a test forum using a different db and whenever you want to try out something like create a new style, mod etc do it there. Also make your own backups and not not rely on the host. It is much better that way.

Well I was doing something with my family (making s'mores), on my computer and testing several different installs of differnt forum software. Probably not a good thing to do all at one time. LOL

May I give you an advice? It would be much better to set up a test forum using a different db and whenever you want to try out something like create a new style, mod etc do it there. Also make your own backups and not not rely on the host. It is much better that way.

Yes for sure Barbole. I guess I learned the hard way. I thought my host did backups well but I was wrong. It is ok to set up XF multiple times on same domain?

Yes for sure Barbole. I guess I learned the hard way. I thought my host did backups well but I was wrong. It is ok to set up XF multiple times on same domain?

I think that your license allows you to set up an extra forum for testing purposes. Yes, you can use the same domain for that as well. Say for ex, www.yourforum.com/testforum or you can also set it up at a subdomain. Whatever is easier/handier for you.

Top Bottom