XF 1.2 Smilies

billybatz9

Hey,

The smilies that came with the xenforo 1.2 download were these
:) ;) :( :mad: :confused: :cool: :p :D :eek: :oops: :rolleyes: o_O

But on this xenforo forum, you have these...
:) ;) :( :mad: :confused: :cool: :p :D :eek: :oops: :rolleyes: o_O :barefoot: :cautious: :censored: :cry: :love: :LOL: :notworthy: :ROFLMAO: :sick: :sleep: :sneaky: (y) (n) :unsure::whistle: :X3: :coffee: :giggle:

How do i get the extra ones?

As well as a couple more hidden ones.

xenforo-smilies-sprite.png

@Shelley thanks for the reply. Is there any type of documentation on how to do this?

Not that I know of. I did write out a guide but it was posted in some smilie support thread so it got buried. It's not difficult to add them just add in the path and direct it to the smiley you want to add or simply enable spritesheet and set the dimensions and coordinates for that smilie you wish to add. The preview window will serve as a great guide for getting the coordinates correct.

Edit: Or use sheldon's sql file to add them if you know how to deal with sql files.

Hey sheldon,

Yeah I found that... but am not understanding what URL to put where it says "image replacement url"

sorry if I am making this hard :(

Last edited:
Last dumb question... lol
I added a few smileys (the ones that I liked the most first), then just said the hell with it... and added the rest.
Now when I click on the smileys in the forums posts, all the bad ones are in the back of the line.
Will this be adjusted (alphabetical order)
Or will the bad ones always be in the back, because thats how I added them? (last)

There is a suggestion for sorting by title, but the front end display is currently done by the ID in the database (ones added last will be shown last).

I overlooked that one and a good resource this is, but it's not exactly in the obvious place. I think (if Kier doesn't mind) then one of the staff should re-post that video in the resource manager where it's more likely to get more exposure and hits for those looking for a guide on how to add smilies via spritesheets. That being said, I should have remembered that vid, shame on me. :facepalm:

Edit: Just added the link to that vid in the extended smiley resource. Very useful link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom